Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I have applied for and confirmed funding for a placement year, so tuition fees will be covered for £925, and maintenance approx. £2000. I need this changed, as I have not secured a placement, and will be continuing my final year, so I need the regular amount of tuition (£9250) and maintenance. When I want to change my application on the site, i'm worried about changing my application and it taking so long that I will not be able to secure the maintenance loan for the start of September. How can I change my application from 3rd year placement year to 3rd year final year, and recieve the full amount of tuition and maintenance loan?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi Otilley,

You need to change your application online and change your course details to pick up the three year version of your course that doesn't include the sandwich/placement year. When you pick the three year course and indicate you are in your third year, the system will let you input the correct Tuition Fee Loan (TFL) amount that you are being charged and it will let you indicate where you will be living during each of the three terms of the academic year. This ensures you receive the correct amount of Maintenance Loan (ML) based on where you are living and based on you being in your final year.

The system will either let you make the changes directly via your online account or it will bring up a CO1 change of circumstances form for you to print off and send back to us.

We don't need to process your whole application from the beginning again. The change of circumstances paper forms are currently taking 17 working days for us to process from date of receipt and 18 working days for us to process the changes if you make them directly on your online account.

A new Notification of Entitlement (NOE) letter will be sent to confirm the revised funding once processed.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laura S SFE)
    Hi Otilley,

You need to change your application online and change your course details to pick up the three year version of your course that doesn't include the sandwich/placement year. When you pick the three year course and indicate you are in your third year, the system will let you input the correct Tuition Fee Loan (TFL) amount that you are being charged and it will let you indicate where you will be living during each of the three terms of the academic year. This ensures you receive the correct amount of Maintenance Loan (ML) based on where you are living and based on you being in your final year.

The system will either let you make the changes directly via your online account or it will bring up a CO1 change of circumstances form for you to print off and send back to us.

We don't need to process your whole application from the beginning again. The change of circumstances paper forms are currently taking 17 working days for us to process from date of receipt and 18 working days for us to process the changes if you make them directly on your online account.

A new Notification of Entitlement (NOE) letter will be sent to confirm the revised funding once processed.

Thanks
    Thank you very much, I'll get on that right away!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.