Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Grade boundaries come out on results day Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doonesbury)
    Nope.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Are you aware of any reasoning for this?
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AspiringUnderdog)
    Are you aware of any reasoning for this?
    No. But it has nothing to do "with the other boards (ie. OCR) making terrible mistakes on the papers that will affect all boards marking processes, resulting in a few more students being disgruntled with grades than usual."

ReputationRep:
    I'm glad they're not coming out the night before tbh, finding out the GCSE boundaries before I got my GCSEs made me overthink everything I wrote on the papers and I spent the whole night working out possible sceanarios. Id rather not go through that ordeal again, it'll just make me second guess myself and worry. I'm just gonna relax and wait for my results.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doonesbury)
    No. But it has nothing to do "with the other boards (ie. OCR) making terrible mistakes on the papers that will affect all boards marking processes, resulting in a few more students being disgruntled with grades than usual."
    lol I know they make mistakes every year so that's not a reason. I'd very highly doubt that it's a way to predict what the grade boundaries would look like.
    However, do you think that avoiding complaints could be a reason? People always complain online so maybe they can't be bothered with it this year.

ReputationRep:
    Well that's annoying. I wanted to see if they took mercy on all the German A2 students and dropped the grade boundaries by about 20 marks
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Oh my, what's with all these results day threads on TSR, It's freaking me out!

ReputationRep:
    Have edexcel confirmed it's coming out on the 17th then? I know teachers get them a day early on edexcel online but if it doesn't come out till the 17th I'll be spamming my teachers for grade boundaries

ReputationRep:
    Who's willing to take one for the team and release the grade boundaries on TSR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tobi-Alcarez)
    Have edexcel confirmed it's coming out on the 17th then? I know teachers get them a day early on edexcel online but if it doesn't come out till the 17th I'll be spamming my teachers for grade boundaries

Lools at having to answer my own question
    "Grade boundaries for the June 2017 series will be available for exams officers and heads of centre as a secure content download from Wednesday 16 August for GCE and Wednesday 23 August for GCSE. Grade boundaries will be available for everyone else from 6:00am on Thursday 17 August for GCE and Thursday 24 August for GCSE."

Can I ask why it makes a difference? Why a mere 24 hours between exam officers and students?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tobi-Alcarez)
    Lools at having to answer my own question
    "Grade boundaries for the June 2017 series will be available for exams officers and heads of centre as a secure content download from Wednesday 16 August for GCE and Wednesday 23 August for GCSE. Grade boundaries will be available for everyone else from 6:00am on Thursday 17 August for GCE and Thursday 24 August for GCSE."

Can I ask why it makes a difference? Why a mere 24 hours between exam officers and students?
    They're released to exams officers at the same time as results....and to students at the same time as results.

ReputationRep:
    Makes even more nervous now,releasing the grade boundaries early added some certainty.
    I have a two hour commute to my school in london,so I won't be up when they release the grade boundaries since i want to be in school by 8.00 when it opens.

ReputationRep:
    The OCR Physics A unifying paper grade boundaries are going to be hilarious.

ReputationRep:
    Guys, is this true for all examination boards? Quite disgruntled by this, actually.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PixelatedUnicorn)
    Guys, is this true for all examination boards? Quite disgruntled by this, actually.
    Confirmed for Edexcel, AQA and OCR. Haven't seen any confirmation for the other boards but I'm not on them so I may well have missed it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lemur14)
    Confirmed for Edexcel, AQA and OCR. Haven't seen any confirmation for the other boards but I'm not on them so I may well have missed it.
    Thank you! Praying that WJEC has been spared from this abomination D:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PixelatedUnicorn)
    Thank you! Praying that WJEC has been spared from this abomination D:
    No problem! I'd be hoping the same in your position!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    For the last two years edexcel has tweeted that grade boundaries will be available on results day, yet they were still available at midnight the day before results day.

ReputationRep:
    I'm so pressed about this ugh, exams were already 10x harder this year I think they want us to flop tbh

ReputationRep:
    As much as that's incredibly annoying, at least it prevents me from panicking the night before and being unable to sleep because I think I ****ed up majorly on an exam paper :'(

ReputationRep:
    I understand that they may be wanting to limit people stressing but I think for some this might have the opposite effect - they'll inevitably get leaked around but people will just be stressing more wondering if they're legit or someone has made them up. So annoying.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.