Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Not Working out while on my periods ? Watch

Announcements

Is it bad to not work out while you're on your period?? I feel guilty will it affect my weight loss

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Is it bad to not work out while you're on your period?? I feel guilty will it affect my weight loss
    Why would you not workout?

ReputationRep:
    I never work out when I'm on my period, but it's mostly because I feel weak and I bleed quite a lot.

ReputationRep:
    work out but keep it light, try to stay on diet and remember that an occasional cheat day once a month is completely fine
    • TSR Community Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    Work out based on how your body feels If you feel like you have energy and feel motivated go for it

Sometimes I do HIIT training when I'm on, other times I do some gentle yoga - you know your body best :heart:

ReputationRep:
    Oh god not per...perio...:puke:
    Please ladies keep it locked away

One period is enough to deal with haha

ReputationRep:
    I honestly can't on the first few days. If you really want to, take it lightly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kraggor)

Wow, what a mature, reasonable, adult reaction to something as natural as a period.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kraggor)

:slap:

ReputationRep:
    Not really. It's okay. You could try some light exercises if you are very worried. Else not so advisable cuz it can hurt lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Withengar)
    Wow, what a mature, reasonable, adult reaction to something as natural as a period.
    I'm just kiddinggggg xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meany Pie)
    :slap:
    How many times did we say you're allowed to hit me? I think that might have been the last time
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    I personally have no problems working out whilst on my period.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 25, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.