Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

In trouble for helping someone Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I was in a bar the other night, and I had a few drinks. I was then chatting to some girls who I met for about half an hour. They then told me they had to go. A few minutes after, I found there was a coat and bag under our table. I picked them up and wanted to hand it into the doorman. However, it turns out it wasn't these girls coat and bag, but another girl in the bar. She immediately accused me of stealing and the doorman kicked me out and then reached for my wallet and scanned my ID.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by litleo)
    I was in a bar the other night, and I had a few drinks. I was then chatting to some girls who I met for about half an hour. They then told me they had to go. A few minutes after, I found there was a coat and bag under our table. I picked them up and wanted to hand it into the doorman. However, it turns out it wasn't these girls coat and bag, but another girl in the bar. She immediately accused me of stealing and the doorman kicked me out and then reached for my wallet and scanned my ID.
    Wow that's a really hard situation! Not much you can do really.

I would either phone the place (manager) and explain what happened, try find this girl if not too impossible and talk to her or maybe get the other girls to back up your story that you were all on that table.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ExoIceCream99)
    Wow that's a really hard situation! Not much you can do really.

I would either phone the place (manager) and explain what happened, try find this girl if not too impossible and talk to her or maybe get the other girls to back up your story that you were all on that table.
    I will explain it to them if I get contacted by the police. I think what determines that is if the girl decides to go ahead and prosecute me.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I will explain it to them if I get contacted by the police. I think what determines that is if the girl decides to go ahead and prosecute me.
    Go speak to the police before anything like that happens so you can clear yourself, then they'll contact the girls for evidence you were there, CCTV will prove that if the girl brings it to trial as well as the girls statements that you were at that table.
    • Very Important Poster

Nothing will come of it based on that version.
    When its all wrapped up you should contact the nightclub to ensure they arent keeping data on you that is inaccurate i.e barring you on the basis you are a thief.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Nothing will come of it based on that version.
    When its all wrapped up you should contact the nightclub to ensure they arent keeping data on you that is inaccurate i.e barring you on the basis you are a thief.
    tbh, I don't really care about being barred. I'm more concerned about not getting a criminal record.
    • Very Important Poster

tbh, I don't really care about being barred. I'm more concerned about not getting a criminal record.
    Thats where we differ then Im not a fan of having false records against me and being prejudiced. I already said I dont think anything will come of any charges if she bothers to try and press them at all.

ReputationRep:
    What brand was the coat and bag?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by apeshit007)
    What brand was the coat and bag?
    Why does it make a difference?

ReputationRep:
    Why does it make a difference?
    Cause if it was like a expensive bag and coat and sh1t I would expect the b1tch to go crazy but if it was some cheap crap then you need to sort that women out and be like " WHAT THE FOOK IS THAT BRAND?"
    See it's VERY IMPORTANT

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.