Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi

Very recently, I feel off my bike in accident and basically I separated my shoulder (the ligament connecting the acromion and my clavicle). As a result, basic tasks is very hard as I'm having to use my left arm to do most things. Long story short, would I be eligible for DSA? This happened very recently and if so, what things do I need to get in terms of doctors and paperwork?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I believe DSA is for long term illness as opposed to incidents

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Concav)
    Hi

Very recently, I feel off my bike in accident and basically I separated my shoulder (the ligament connecting the acromion and my clavicle). As a result, basic tasks is very hard as I'm having to use my left arm to do most things. Long story short, would I be eligible for DSA? This happened very recently and if so, what things do I need to get in terms of doctors and paperwork?

Thanks
    Is it likely to be a long term thing? You'd need evidence stating it will be a long term thing if that's the case.

ReputationRep:
    Have a read of this page:
    https://www.gov.uk/definition-of-dis...ality-act-2010

It seems that you will fail at the first hurdle; you haven't had the condition for 12 months or more.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.