Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Tesco Application - How long? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I recently applied for two Tesco's vacancies and was wondering how long the application process takes roughly.

Both applications are "under review" at the moment according to the Tesco's Career website.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

Usually within 2-3 weeks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nirvana1989-1994)
    Usually within 2-3 weeks.
    Gross

Thanks though!

ReputationRep:
    Waiting on applications with tesco myself. My friend works for tesco and asked her manager, and he said they have to wait until the post closes (should say online) then it should be pretty quick after that. So if you applied when the post just opened you could be waiting a few weeks, if you applied a few days before it closes you may only wait a week. This is assuming they decide to call you for interview.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

(Original post by Elastichedgehog)
    Gross

Thanks though!
    True, and it's all good.

Good luck!

Spoiler:
    Show

P.S. How was your first year in Sheffield?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    Waiting on applications with tesco myself. My friend works for tesco and asked her manager, and he said they have to wait until the post closes (should say online) then it should be pretty quick after that. So if you applied when the post just opened you could be waiting a few weeks, if you applied a few days before it closes you may only wait a week. This is assuming they decide to call you for interview.
    Tesco supposedly gets back to you regardless of outcome. I'll have a look at when the vacancy closes

ReputationRep:
    True, and it's all good.

Good luck!

Spoiler:
    Show

P.S. How was your first year in Sheffield?

Really good! Thanks for asking Still in Sheffield over the summer to work.

ReputationRep:
    I applied for one and still haven’t heard back…
    I applied for another and got rejected within 24hrs
    Hoping the first one comes through, it’s still under review
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

Really good! Thanks for asking Still in Sheffield over the summer to work.
    Awesome.

Are you staying in Endcliffe? Also did you get to go to Tramlines?

ReputationRep:
    I recently applied for two Tesco's vacancies and was wondering how long the application process takes roughly.

Both applications are "under review" at the moment according to the Tesco's Career website.
    Anywhere from 3 days to 3 weeks. You will nearly always hear back from them after the application closing date. If you don't hear anything within a month of the closing date you should look elsewhere

ReputationRep:
    Awesome.

Are you staying in Endcliffe? Also did you get to go to Tramlines?
    I've moved out of Endcliffe into a student house and unfortunately no, I couldn't afford it. Town was super busy though so I still went out for drinks and stuff. How about you?
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

I've moved out of Endcliffe into a student house and unfortunately no, I couldn't afford it. Town was super busy though so I still went out for drinks and stuff. How about you?
    Fun

Aww, it's good that you got to go out though.

I unfortunately had to work all weekend.

Trying to change my job though, because this company sucks. They won't give me more than 9 hours.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.