5'8"
    11 stone 1lb / 70kg

My waist is 28 inches.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    That is certainly not ok

ReputationRep:
    According to the NHS BMI calculator, you have a BMI of 23.5

You fall into the recommended weight for someone of your age and height (between 8st 10lb to 11st 11lb)

If you're feeling unhappy about your weight/appearance, maybe you could try to lose some weight or tone up?

Either way, your weight is alright/
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2scotty)
    Hey!

I'm 24 (male)
    5'8"
    11 stone 1lb / 70kg

My waist is 28 inches.

Thanks
    Depends how much of that is muscle. But if you got a 28 inch waist and at least a 52inch back then I'd say you look pretty good mayne. Dat dere V taper. 70kg at 5'8 is an alright weight if you're low on bodyfat
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Hey!

I'm 24 (male)
    5'8"
    11 stone 1lb / 70kg

My waist is 28 inches.

Thanks
    Using the NHS BMI checker you are sitting nicely in the healthy weight bracket with a BMI of 23.4. BMI is not the most reliable method for deciding a healthy weight for people of above or below average muscle, but for most people it's a good indicator of how healthy their weight is.
    Your waist size also seems to be around the average based on a quick google search.

I would say you are just fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by apeshit007)
    That is certainly not ok
    Not ok? Why? Is that too heavy?
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Not ok? Why? Is that too heavy?
    Far from too heavy. You are in a healthy weight range (assuming you're lean)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shameful_burrito)
    Depends how much of that is muscle. But if you got a 28 inch waist and at least a 52inch back then I'd say you look pretty good mayne. Dat dere V taper. 70kg at 5'8 is an alright weight if you're low on bodyfat
    (Original post by Kindred)
    Using the NHS BMI checker you are sitting nicely in the healthy weight bracket with a BMI of 23.4. BMI is not the most reliable method for deciding a healthy weight for people of above or below average muscle, but for most people it's a good indicator of how healthy their weight is.
    Your waist size also seems to be around the average based on a quick google search.

I would say you are just fine.
    (Original post by shameful_burrito)
    Far from too heavy. You are in a healthy weight range (assuming you're lean)
    I just feel a bit slim that's all.

ReputationRep:
    Lmao at all these people using BMI when it doesn't take muscle mass into account
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnIndianGuy)
    Lmao at all these people using BMI when it doesn't take muscle mass into account
    Ffmi is where it's at brotha
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Eat more then. And hit da gym. Gaining weight shouldn't be a problem
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Okay well BMI isn't exact and even then you've got some leeway. What you could do is work on building a bit more muscle. I'm not the best person to ask about how to do that well- i'm sure somebody better will come along- but basically eat some healthy proteins etc (bananas are great too) and do a bit of exercise. That should bulk you up a little but in a healthier way than building fat.

Do bare in mind though that some people do just have smaller bodies as will always look a bit skinnier than other people.

You could also google other ways to asses healthy weight and build. BMI isn't the best, but it is usually good as a general idea. There are better options out there though, they're just a bit more complicated.

But based on both BMI and waist size you to not sound abnormally skinny.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnIndianGuy)
    I would actually love to know better ways of looking at healthy weight and build since I know BMI isn't great an so many people post here concerned about their weight.
    If you have any suggestions I would love to hear them- even if it's just what to google.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kindred)
    I would actually love to know better ways of looking at healthy weight and build since I know BMI isn't great an so many people post here concerned about their weight.
    If you have any suggestions I would love to hear them- even if it's just what to google.
    Ffmi

ReputationRep:
    That moment when I'm 6'2 71kg
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xopher_)
    At your height, if you'd eat in a caloric surplus for years and hit the gym, you'd bulk up to at least high 80's kg of lean muscle, trust

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xopher_)
    Basically same weight but you're taller?

ReputationRep:
    mfw 6'1 and 74kg :'(

(it's all in the iron mayne)
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Basically same weight but you're taller?
    Well in raport to height:weight ratio he means that he looks/is much skinnier than you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AryanGh)
    mfw 6'1 and 74kg :'(

(it's all in the iron mayne)
    Why are people loads taller and almost the same weight? I feel way too skinny.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 25, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.