Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is my weight okay? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shameful_burrito)
    At your height, if you'd eat in a caloric surplus for years and hit the gym, you'd bulk up to at least high 80's kg of lean muscle, trust
    I could barely do 1 pushup like 6 months ago and after a few months I could see my arms getting bigger but I kinda stopped hahaha I'm gonna start again. The best I did towards the end was 30 maybe. I don't wanna go to the gym
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xopher_)
    I could barely do 1 pushup like 6 months ago and after a few months I could see my arms getting bigger but I kinda stopped hahaha I'm gonna start again. The best I did towards the end was 30 maybe. I don't wanna go to the gym
    Well if you're happy with your weight then don't go. But if not you gotta go to the gym and eat a lot...ormjust eat a lot but that on its own would get you fat ygm😂😂😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2scotty)
    Why are people loads taller and almost the same weight? I feel way too skinny.
    Nah fam I've been quite this tall since around 15 but I think growth for me started and ended earlier than everyone else, I enjoyed the advantage back in Y9/10 but now everyone is the same and I feel quite weird

As opposed for weight? I used to be a LOOOOT bigger, the weight decline just came with a drastic change with diet combined with an efficient yet intensive regular gym routine and knowing what you eat essentially, or what goes in.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Why are people loads taller and almost the same weight? I feel way too skinny.
    Maybe you have body dysmorphia. 70kg at 5'8 is a decent weight

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you have body dysmorphia. 70kg at 5'8 is a decent weight
    I just want an excuse to eat cake.

ReputationRep:
    Well if you're happy with your weight then don't go. But if not you gotta go to the gym and eat a lot...ormjust eat a lot but that on its own would get you fat ygm😂😂😂
    The thing is no matter how much I eat, I struggle to put on weight, which is why it's easy for me to decide what I wanna do as of yet. Compared to what I was, I'm doing pretty well seeing as I literally could not do 1 push up hahahaha
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xopher_)
    The thing is no matter how much I eat, I struggle to put on weight, which is why it's easy for me to decide what I wanna do as of yet. Compared to what I was, I'm doing pretty well seeing as I literally could not do 1 push up hahahaha
    That's an exxageration and you know it. Have you been counting how many calories you ate each day? Exactly. It's very easy to overestimate them trust me but yeah well done on the progress man. 30 pull ups are not easy

ReputationRep:
    That's an exxageration and you know it. Have you been counting how many calories you ate each day? Exactly. It's very easy to overestimate them trust me but yeah well done on the progress man. 30 pull ups are not easy
    I never actually count what I eat but it's probably the minimum tbf

ReputationRep:
    Not ok? Why? Is that too heavy?
    It was a joke bro

ReputationRep:
    At your height, if you'd eat in a caloric surplus for years and hit the gym, you'd bulk up to at least high 80's kg of lean muscle, trust
    If you mean 80kg of LBM (as in 80kg at 0% body fat, so 90kg at 10% body fat for example), then that takes more than gym and extremely good genetics or steroid use
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Concav)
    If you mean 80kg of LBM (as in 80kg at 0% body fat, so 90kg at 10% body fat for example), then that takes more than gym and extremely good genetics or steroid use
    I meant 80kg at like 10%. Definetly douable for him. I'm 85kg at like 10-14% bf right now and I'm only 5'9. So for him idk why he wouldn't be able to get it at 6'1 or what height he said he is

ReputationRep:
    I meant 80kg at like 10%. Definetly douable for him. I'm 85kg at like 10-14% bf right now and I'm only 5'9. So for him idk why he wouldn't be able to get it at 6'1 or what height he said he is
    Oh ok 80kg at 10% is 72kg of LBM tho.
    Your stats are great man btw

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 25, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.