Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I feel like I'm not good enough Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I always feel like I'm not a good enough friend, or family member. I always feel like I let people down.

A lot of my 'friends' seem to like ignoring any messages I send to them. For example, on Messenger, they'll either read it, stay online for ages and then reply to me (because they'd rather speak to someone else), or they'll not read my message but will have been online.

It's hard getting time off where I work (retail). I wanted to go to New York with 2 friends. 2-3 weeks later, I finally get the time off approved, but now they're all moaning towards me because the cost of the flights and accommodation has risen.

I feel like I have no one, or I do things like that which annoy people and they don't like me.

A friend of mine has stopped talking to me. He likes Doctor Who. If you watch it, you'll know the new Doctor is a woman. As a joke, I sent him a photo of a crashed Tardis and said "look what she's already done to it!". I only sent it as a joke. I never mean any harm. I'm not sexist. Like I'll joke about myself.

I just feel like I'm not good enough and people don't really like me. I went out for a few drinks on the weekend with people from work for a birthday. She'd recently split up and later I said to someone that I'll probably always be single as no one likes me. She said something really nice to me and she said "everyone loves you" and "we're all here for you" but I just still feel people don't like me.

ReputationRep:
    you're over analysing by the sounds of it

ReputationRep:
    I will suggest you to make some new community around you. join any institute or classes which will help to keep your mind motivated and joyful.
    Be Smiley, God Bless you.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 27, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.