The Student Room Group

How are first year results given out?

Hey!

I should hopefully be starting at UCL in September to study Computer Science, and I'm wondering how first year results are given out. Are simply given a sheet with percentages, or do you get a sheet that says what standard you are at (i.e. first class, 2:1, etc...) along with the percentages?

I'm curious because I'm wonder how this would be written on a CV when applying to internships during your second year.
Reply 1
You will get several grades throughout the year that simply combine. Your end of year exams and final result will probably posted to an online system for viewing.

I do not remember getting a formal document, but you can list your overall percentage and highlight any specific modules as you wish.
All my results were posted around February/March (Jan Exams) and late June (May Exams) on my Uni's VLE. This included individual assignment grades and overall module grades. I didn't actually get an overall 1st Year grade, but works out about 80% so I'm chuffed :biggrin:
My results are online listed per module.
Original post by TiernanW
Hey!

I should hopefully be starting at UCL in September to study Computer Science, and I'm wondering how first year results are given out. Are simply given a sheet with percentages, or do you get a sheet that says what standard you are at (i.e. first class, 2:1, etc...) along with the percentages?

I'm curious because I'm wonder how this would be written on a CV when applying to internships during your second year.

Usually through the uni's online intranet.

You could put the percentage (if it's fairly impressive) or just say 'grade' achieved in first year. I think most employers just ask if you're on track for a 2:1 though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest