Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey!

I should hopefully be starting at UCL in September to study Computer Science, and I'm wondering how first year results are given out. Are simply given a sheet with percentages, or do you get a sheet that says what standard you are at (i.e. first class, 2:1, etc...) along with the percentages?

I'm curious because I'm wonder how this would be written on a CV when applying to internships during your second year.

ReputationRep:
    You will get several grades throughout the year that simply combine. Your end of year exams and final result will probably posted to an online system for viewing.

I do not remember getting a formal document, but you can list your overall percentage and highlight any specific modules as you wish.

ReputationRep:
    All my results were posted around February/March (Jan Exams) and late June (May Exams) on my Uni's VLE. This included individual assignment grades and overall module grades. I didn't actually get an overall 1st Year grade, but works out about 80% so I'm chuffed

ReputationRep:
    My results are online listed per module.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TiernanW)
    Hey!

I should hopefully be starting at UCL in September to study Computer Science, and I'm wondering how first year results are given out. Are simply given a sheet with percentages, or do you get a sheet that says what standard you are at (i.e. first class, 2:1, etc...) along with the percentages?

I'm curious because I'm wonder how this would be written on a CV when applying to internships during your second year.
    Usually through the uni's online intranet.

You could put the percentage (if it's fairly impressive) or just say 'grade' achieved in first year. I think most employers just ask if you're on track for a 2:1 though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.