(Original post by helloitsmeq23)
    What about Cardiff?
    Not sure, they look at GCSEs more.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I'm an international student
    I have
    IGCSE- 5A* 2A 1B
    AS LEVEL- 4A (math, physics, chemistry and bio)
    Predicted- 4A*
    I have a UKCAT score of 2840
    with SJT- BAND 2
    I have some volunteer work and and work experience
    Can apply to Kings? or is it too risky?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vaderdarth)
    Hi,
    I have
    IGCSE- 5A* 2A 1B
    Predicted- 4A*
    with SJT- BAND 2
    Yes with those stats you can consider applying kings.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I have
    IGCSE- 5A* 2A 1B
    Predicted- 4A*
    with SJT- BAND 2
    You'll be okay for Kings, because they look at the entire picture of the candidate

Where else are you applying to?

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone applying to Keele?

ReputationRep:
    You'll be okay for Kings, because they look at the entire picture of the candidate

Where else are you applying to?
    i was thinking of Nottingham, Sheffield , Manchester, SouthHampton, Exeter
    i was wondering what to put as my fifth course.

ReputationRep:
    You should put Kings for Medicine !

ReputationRep:
    You should put Kings for Medicine !
    In my opinion, Kings is more renowned than Sheffield

ReputationRep:
    I think Barts and Kings are great options for you with that UKCAT and A levels instead of Exeter and Manchester.

ReputationRep:
    I got these grades in igcses(which are supposedly harder than normal gcses):
    BIOLOGY:A*
    CHEMISTRY:A*
    PHYSICS:A*
    MATHEMATICS:A*
    ENGLISH LANGUAGE:A
    RELIGIOUS STUDIES (ISLAMIAT):A
    PAKISTAN STUDIES: (HISTORY+GEOGRAPHY)A
    WORLD HISTORY:A
    URDU LANGUAGE:B
    Which unis will be fine for me considering these igcse result?Are Kings and Imperial a good choice?
    Editchool only offered 9 igcses.Will that disadvantage me as I could have gotten more A/A*.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arizonaidiot)
    I got these grades in igcses(which are supposedly harder than normal gcses):
    BIOLOGY:A*
    CHEMISTRY:A*
    PHYSICS:A*
    MATHEMATICS:A*
    ENGLISH LANGUAGE:A
    RELIGIOUS STUDIES (ISLAMIAT):A
    PAKISTAN STUDIES: (HISTORY+GEOGRAPHY)A
    WORLD HISTORY:A
    URDU LANGUAGE:B
    Which unis will be fine for me considering these igcse result?Are Kings and Imperial a good choice?
    Editchool only offered 9 igcses.Will that disadvantage me as I could have gotten more A/A*.
    Kings and Imperial are good choices especially because you have a great IGCSE profile and because these schools have a high acceptance of International Students. Also, what are you expecting at A-Levels?

ReputationRep:
    Kings and Imperial are good choices especially because you have a great IGCSE profile and because these schools have a high acceptance of International Students. Also, what are you expecting at A-Levels?
    I'm taking 4as levels: Bio,Chem,Physics and Maths.Thanks for the reply.Also,you know someone who's doing IAL?I'll work hard to achieve 4as hopefully but I need tips,especially in physics.Did you do IAL(International A levels)?

ReputationRep:
    I am International Student, did my GCSEs in London with 11A*s and I am currently doing IB in India with 7 Subjects, with Physics, Chemistry and Biology and English Literature at HL and Psychology, Maths and French B at SL! And my predicted grades are not going to be fantastic as I am expecting 35/36, excluding my extra HL, which is Physics. Our school doesn't inform us about the PGs which is a pain.

Did my UKCAT recently and got 630 - which is super bad, I know. And I got a Band 2 in SJ.

I have around 3/4 weeks of Clinical work experience and have a variety of volunteering aspects to talk about in my personal statement.

I didn't want to apply to the UK as I dismissed it as too competitive and expensive, but now I want to. I wanted to know which Universities will be good for me. Please guide me, thanks

ReputationRep:
    Check Birmingham and Cardiff as your IGCSEs are super good !

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am an international student, and I have 94 in AS biology, 92 in AS chemistry 87 in AS math and 90 in AS economics. I got ukcat of 2870 in total with band 2 in STJ. I am thinking of Queen Belfast and Cardiff? Are there any other good choices for me? I am struggling to make my choices now. Please give some advice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by christineq)
    Hi, I am an international student, and I have 94 in AS biology, 92 in AS chemistry 87 in AS math and 90 in AS economics. I got ukcat of 2870 in total with band 2 in STJ. I am thinking of Queen Belfast and Cardiff? Are there any other good choices for me? I am struggling to make my choices now. Please give some advice.
    Yo, with those grades you should apply to King's/Barts/Cardiff/Exeter etc. Check the unis that match your strengths.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jasir Alam)
    Yo, with those grades you should apply to King's/Barts/Cardiff/Exeter etc. Check the unis that match your strengths.
    Thanks for your help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by christineq)
    Hi again! These choices are a lot stronger than Keele personally. You already have a good UKCAT score so there really is no need to take the BMAT as well. It'll save you a lot of time. With these statistics, there are a range of schools you could apply to without needing to take any further tests!

ReputationRep:
    Hi again! These choices are a lot stronger than Keele personally. You already have a good UKCAT score so there really is no need to take the BMAT as well. It'll save you a lot of time. With these statistics, there are a range of schools you could apply to without needing to take any further tests!
    Thanks again. I actually want to apply for biomed in Oxford as well so I need BMAT. But my focus will still be medicine. I am waiting for the 2017 UKCAT statistics to be released to helo me make my choices.

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm an international student

GCE O Level - 6A1, 1B3 (it's gcse equivalent and I was only allowed to take 7 subjects)

Achieved IB Results: 44 points
    HL: Physics 7, Chemistry 7, Mathematics 7
    SL: English Lang Lit 6, Economics 7, Spanish Ab initio 7
    I'm a post-qualification applicant so I already have my actual IB results

Waiting to take my BMAT in November and had some clinical experiences as well as research opportunities in Biomedical Sciences.

I'm considering to apply to:
    1. University of Cambridge (Magdalene College)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.