The Student Room Group

How to make it clear to my sister I dont want her bringing her dog around to my house

A few months ago my sister and brother in law got a dog of their own and whenever they bring it around it keeps going for my dog. A few weeks ago their dog hurt my dog and it really upset me but my mum, dad and little sister weren't as bothered about it as I was and my older sister and brother in law said their dog was just playing. My nan was the only who listened to me and she made it clear to my mum and dad how upset I was and they said things would be different.

Fast forward a few weeks to today and they brought their dog around and again it went for my dog and hurt him. At this point I totally lost it and smacked their dog to which my sister and brother in law said thy don't smack him because they don't believe in disciplining their dog that way. I've been around dogs practically all my life and I find the best way to discipline a dog is to smack it, nothing hard just a little tap to let it know it's done something wrong.

My sister and brother in law refuse to see that their dog is hurting my dog so how can I make it clear that I don't want them to bring their dog around anymore. And how can I get my mum and dad to listen to me and see things from my point of view?
Say in no unclear terms "Do not bring your dog to my house, if you do then you won't be allowed in". They can get pissy and whine about it if they want, but they'll get over it.
Say you have developed a reaction or something.
Lmao !
I think a good way of making it clear is by actually telling THEM as opposed to a bunch of strangers on thestudentroom.
Lol.

Tell them to keep the dog away or don't come back :u:
Train your dog and make sure he knows how to do kung fu.
Get a fat sign and put it on the door saying:

"No b*tches"

Spoiler

(edited 6 years ago)
You must tell them straight. What if it went for a person? It is your home and you have every right to decide who is allowed in and who isn't. If she kicks up a fuss it's tough.
Every time they come around, take your dog for a four hour walk until they leave.
Original post by Anonymous
A few months ago my sister and brother in law got a dog of their own and whenever they bring it around it keeps going for my dog. A few weeks ago their dog hurt my dog and it really upset me but my mum, dad and little sister weren't as bothered about it as I was and my older sister and brother in law said their dog was just playing. My nan was the only who listened to me and she made it clear to my mum and dad how upset I was and they said things would be different.

Fast forward a few weeks to today and they brought their dog around and again it went for my dog and hurt him. At this point I totally lost it and smacked their dog to which my sister and brother in law said thy don't smack him because they don't believe in disciplining their dog that way. I've been around dogs practically all my life and I find the best way to discipline a dog is to smack it, nothing hard just a little tap to let it know it's done something wrong.

My sister and brother in law refuse to see that their dog is hurting my dog so how can I make it clear that I don't want them to bring their dog around anymore. And how can I get my mum and dad to listen to me and see things from my point of view?

Just tell them you dont it in your house. Otherwise, they arent allowed over.

"Look maties, keep your dog out my ****in house or keep yourselves out my ****in house."
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 12

Please don't slap the dog as that is a criminal offence and you can get up to 6 months in prison in which time you could lose your property (if rented) and you would lose your dog.

You can just calmly tell her not to bring her dog

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending