Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Really want a threesome but my boyfriend doesn't... Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Justin.Reid2000)
    Ask him why exactly he doesn't want to.

In the end you will have to choose; you can have a lifestyle based around having sex with randomers or stay loyal to your bf.
    I know what I would choose.
    (Original post by Moura)
    A threesome isn't a way to get round cheating with a specific person... it should be because you as a couple actually want one. It should be about you and your partner not you and some random person outside of your relationship. Respect your partner or break up with him. Stop trying to convince him to allow you to cheat.
    Tbh, I think you guys take sex way too seriously.
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    Tbh, if I was your boyfriend, all I'd have heard in you telling me that is "I wanna f*** another guy".
    Well, what's wrong with that? We see people we'd happily **** almost on everyday basis. What's wrong with just taking what you want, instead of fantasizing about it?
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    my boyfriend doesn't want to have one either, with a boy or a girl. I don't get why people say it is cheating when it really isn't, it's just something some people are into sexually and obviously everyone envolved would need to know there's no strings attached it's all purely sexual. I guess is he's not into it then you have to respect his choice. but if he knows you are into it and he wants you to enjoy the experience it then ask him to reconsider
    I know right... It really sucks.........
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ciel.)
    Pretty sure he does. I remember him agreeing with me when I called that guy cute. It was a long time ago, though. I don't really think that's the problem, because even when I suggested that he can pick whoever he likes next time, he still refused and called me 'disgusting'.
    To give you a serious answer where most people seem to just be ****ging you off:

He's clearly got stronger feelings of monogamy than you have, he sees himself in a committed relationship, and doesn't want to put that at jeopardy by inviting a 3rd person into the bedroom.

He doesn't see it as "just a physical act" he clearly sees sex (now that you're in a committed relationship) as something that should stay just between you two.

I don't think you'll ever be able to convince him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tubbz)
    To give you a serious answer where most people seem to just be ****ging you off:

He's clearly got stronger feelings of monogamy than you have, he sees himself in a committed relationship, and doesn't want to put that at jeopardy by inviting a 3rd person into the bedroom.

He doesn't see it as "just a physical act" he clearly sees sex (now that you're in a committed relationship) as something that should stay just between you two.

I don't think you'll ever be able to convince him.
    Yeah, I guess that's what it is. It's a shame that we can't agree on it, though. But there's nothing I can do I guess. We don't really talk about it anymore because he gets super angry.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ciel.)
    Yeah, I guess that's what it is. It's a shame that we can't agree on it, though. But there's nothing I can do I guess. We don't really talk about it anymore because he gets super angry.
    And that's probably always going to be the case.

For future reference, if there should be a next time, try and bring it up early/before you're committed. You'll likely have more success

ReputationRep:
    I'd be offended if my boyfriend asked me if I wanted a threesome - that's disgusting!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tubbz)
    And that's probably always going to be the case.

For future reference, if there should be a next time, try and bring it up early/before you're committed. You'll likely have more success
    I'd still date him, though. If I really like someone, I don't really mind making small sacrifices.

ReputationRep:
    Don't convince him. If you force him into it it WILL ruin your relationship. I don't think a threesome has to do that but it will only work if both partners are the right sort of person and go into it happily and with open eyes. I absolutely couldn't watch my boyfriend **** another girl even if I was involved, it would ruin our relationship 100% but I know some people really enjoy it. Obviously you're on different wavelengths here but there's no way to get him to do it without causing more problems.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loopy91)
    I'd be offended if my boyfriend asked me if I wanted a threesome - that's disgusting!!!!!
    What's so disgusting about it?

(Original post by doodle_333)
    Don't convince him. If you force him into it it WILL ruin your relationship. I don't think a threesome has to do that but it will only work if both partners are the right sort of person and go into it happily and with open eyes. I absolutely couldn't watch my boyfriend **** another girl even if I was involved, it would ruin our relationship 100% but I know some people really enjoy it. Obviously you're on different wavelengths here but there's no way to get him to do it without causing more problems.
    I gave up on it now

ReputationRep:
    Suggesting a threesome is not the problem at all, there is nothing wrong with that at all.

Suggesting a guy you really like that your both friends with and he knows you like him is a **** move. Maybe more "random" person so there is no strings attached, as otherwise you might as well be single or get in a relationship with this other guy.

Would you feel comfartable if he asked to have a threesome with one of your hot female friends that your'e threatened by? I would think not.

Some abuse on here is OTT but yeah, just dont be a ****

ReputationRep:
    I think you're being a bit selfish, if I'm being completely honest. You want your boyfriend to agree to a threesome so you can sleep with someone else and escape guilt or consequence. The fact that you won't take no for an answer and feel you should "convince" your boyfriend shows how little regard you have for his feelings or wellbeing.

ReputationRep:
    But all these couples that want a no strings attached threesome I'm happy to sacrifice as tribute

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sz17)
    Suggesting a threesome is not the problem at all, there is nothing wrong with that at all.

Suggesting a guy you really like that your both friends with and he knows you like him is a **** move. Maybe more "random" person so there is no strings attached, as otherwise you might as well be single or get in a relationship with this other guy.

Would you feel comfartable if he asked to have a threesome with one of your hot female friends that your'e threatened by? I would think not.

Some abuse on here is OTT but yeah, just dont be a ****
    I'm not sure how that would work since I'm not into girls but I'd still agree to it, I'm sure we would work something out. But he's not interested in any kind of threesome
    (Original post by Durhamgirl96)
    I think you're being a bit selfish, if I'm being completely honest. You want your boyfriend to agree to a threesome so you can sleep with someone else and escape guilt or consequence. The fact that you won't take no for an answer and feel you should "convince" your boyfriend shows how little regard you have for his feelings or wellbeing.
    I don't think you've seen my most recent post so will just repeat myself - I gave up on the idea now.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, OP is going to end up cheating with this guy :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps you should have a foursome instead? Not only is it more ambitious and adventurous than a threesome, it enables both of you, respectively, to choose one other person with whom to have sex. I find it quite baffling when people get hurt/ offended when their significant other suggests having sex with other people. It's pretty obvious (or so one would have thought) that being in a relationship doesn't suddenly kill off any attraction to other people, let alone a desire to sleep with them. Your request and frankness are more honourable than cheating on your boyfriend; at least you respect him enough to be honest about your desires. Monogamy is a social construct and is simply not in the natural human condition. It is one of those things we've had to force ourselves—unsuccessfully, for the most part—to adopt and adapt to. However, as feminism, female empowerment, greater LGBTQ+ rights, etc., and broader [L]iberal values continue to take hold in society, we are going to see a gradual—if not exponential—recession in monogamous relationships and marriages. Rather, we'll slowly adopt "monogamish", in the words of Esther Perel, relationships. Of course, this makes a lot of people uncomfortable and upset, but when you look at the academic literature and statistical analyses in this area, it soon becomes apparent that monogamy is slowly dying. Returning to your dilemma, I would advise you to suggest a foursome and ask your boyfriend to think about it carefully and in a measured manner, failing which you should probably end this relationship and explore your sexuality and sexual fantasies a little bit further as a single individual.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ciel.)
    I'm not sure how that would work since I'm not into girls but I'd still agree to it, I'm sure we would work something out. But he's not interested in any kind of threesome

I don't think you've seen my most recent post so will just repeat myself - I gave up on the idea now.
    Yeah I didnt bother reading all the replies just replied to the post. And I was only joking

ReputationRep:
    thot alert

ReputationRep:
    You want us to give you advice on how to coerce your boyfriend to have sex against his wishes?

Sounds a little rapey.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ciel.)
    Well, what's wrong with that? We see people we'd happily **** almost on everyday basis. What's wrong with just taking what you want, instead of fantasizing about it?
    You're in a relationship. I shouldn't really need to explain mate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LostYouth)
    Perhaps you should have a foursome instead? Not only is it more ambitious and adventurous than a threesome, it enables both of you, respectively, to choose one other person with whom to have sex. I find it quite baffling when people get hurt/ offended when their significant other suggests having sex with other people. It's pretty obvious (or so one would have thought) that being in a relationship doesn't suddenly kill off any attraction to other people, let alone a desire to sleep with them. Your request and frankness are more honourable than cheating on your boyfriend; at least you respect him enough to be honest about your desires. Monogamy is a social construct and is simply not in the natural human condition. It is one of those things we've had to force ourselves—unsuccessfully, for the most part—to adopt and adapt to. However, as feminism, female empowerment, greater LGBTQ+ rights, etc., and broader [L]iberal values continue to take hold in society, we are going to see a gradual—if not exponential—recession in monogamous relationships and marriages. Rather, we'll slowly adopt "monogamish", in the words of Esther Perel, relationships. Of course, this makes a lot of people uncomfortable and upset, but when you look at the academic literature and statistical analyses in this area, it soon becomes apparent that monogamy is slowly dying. Returning to your dilemma, I would advise you to suggest a foursome and ask your boyfriend to think about it carefully and in a measured manner, failing which you should probably end this relationship and explore your sexuality and sexual fantasies a little bit further as a single individual.
    Yeah, tbh, I don't really get it, either. The older I get, the stronger I seem to lean towards polygamy. I'd be more than happy to be in a three way relationship.
    He's not going to change his mind, though. At least not anytime soon. He doesn't want anyone else in our bedroom, he made that pretty clear. If I suggest it one more time he will probably strangle me :laugh: I don't wanna break up with him, though. Despite not being 100% compatible in the sex department, we get along really well, most of the time.

(Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    Lol, OP is going to end up cheating with this guy :lol:
    What makes you think that? Nothing in this thread suggests that I intend to cheat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheBBQ)
    thot alert
    If you have to use that word, then at least learn to use it properly. 'That hoe over there alert' sounds pretty silly.

(Original post by tempr)
    You want us to give you advice on how to coerce your boyfriend to have sex against his wishes?

Sounds a little rapey.
    **** you and your dumb rape jokes.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 7, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.