Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Really want a threesome but my boyfriend doesn't... Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ciel.)
    It's obviously not going to.

Yeah, probably those. Can't remember them that well tbh.
    I know what you mean, I guess. I just think that the first world problems joke is a bit old now. I mean, going by its logic, almost everyone should be happy, never complain etc., even Syrians stuck in a war zone, like - 'oh but others have it worse than you guys, at least there's a chance you will survive! Some people are being violently tortured to death by a psychopath at this very moment!' kind of thing.
    Truth.

In honesty, despite living in an area that was regarded as a 'war zone' in my first years, the whole 'someone out there has it worse than you' argument sucks, I used to use it when I was younger but then I realised, that no matter where or when it is happening, it doesn't change the fact that the person in question, is still having it bad, the political status of it doesn't make it any worse or better, the person is still hurting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qasim_96)
    We weren't planning on ganging up on you. It's nothing to do with our religion, we're just part of a friendship group. It just so happens to be that we're all Muslim.
    And me the one Christian randomly in the background.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say don't give up on it completely. If it's something you're curious about you're going to stay curious. Maybe drop it for now and then change tactics later, but till always have a part of you wondering what if.

I've been there a few times and can confirm they're really worth doing and a hell of a lot of fun, but only if you've got that good understanding in place to begin with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AryanGh)
    And me the one Christian randomly in the background.
    Spot the odd one out :rofl:
    Spoiler:
    Show

You still have Zainab to come :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Advice two:

Usually the old adage when it comes to threesomes is, yes, they may be really fun, but they're a short candle that can burn quickly.

This may take a bit of prioritization if you want to prioritise fun over commitment.

At the risk of sounding rude, you need to think to yourself over the options,

Fun? Or a Longer Lasting Relationship?

Of course this is not just binary, it's not just one or the other, there's no saying you can't have fun in a long relationship, but usually these kinds of commitments may end up weakening the intimacy or the close bond between you and your boyfriend, as he may now think that if it's now ok to have relationships with a third individual, he may now have slightly more freedoms and the close bonds between you may end up diminishing.

Of course this may not happen, but with things like this, you always have to take into account all kinds of scenarios.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ciel.)
    How the hell can I convince him? Any ideas? I am really attracted to one of our friends. I obviously don't want to cheat on my boyfriend so I came up with this brilliant idea. Our friend is totally down for it but my boyfriend is not. He's never had a threesome before so maybe that's why. He thinks it can 'ruin' a relationship, which is stupid, I just want all three of us to have a bit of fun. But he's mad at me for even suggesting it. If any of you ever managed to convince your anti-threesome partner, please tell me how - 'you can pick whoever you like next time' didn't work
    I know you've given up on the idea, but I've read through the thread and have noticed you mentioning the fact that you've cheated on him in the past. Cheats often have the tendency to do it again...if you want to bang this guy and you've cheated on your boyfriend before, then I'd end up before you hurt him, personally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ciel.)
    And where would that be? "HANDJOBS ONLY?" :laugh:

Well, I also suggested that he can pick whoever he likes next time, I'm pretty open minded.

Guy.

He's into guys too, though.

I don't want toooo : <

Well, you can always persuade someone to change their mind...
    That's a ridiculous request. I'd be livid if my girlfriend wanted to do that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    I'd say don't give up on it completely. If it's something you're curious about you're going to stay curious. Maybe drop it for now and then change tactics later, but till always have a part of you wondering what if.

I've been there a few times and can confirm they're really worth doing and a hell of a lot of fun, but only if you've got that good understanding in place to begin with.
    I've done it before, too, but I wasn't in a proper relationship back then. But yeah, maybe he will change his mind in the future. I think he'd love it too.
    (Original post by AryanGh)
    Advice two:

Usually the old adage when it comes to threesomes is, yes, they may be really fun, but they're a short candle that can burn quickly.

This may take a bit of prioritization if you want to prioritise fun over commitment.

At the risk of sounding rude, you need to think to yourself over the options,

Fun? Or a Longer Lasting Relationship?

Of course this is not just binary, it's not just one or the other, there's no saying you can't have fun in a long relationship, but usually these kinds of commitments may end up weakening the intimacy or the close bond between you and your boyfriend, as he may now think that if it's now ok to have relationships with a third individual, he may now have slightly more freedoms and the close bonds between you may end up diminishing.

Of course this may not happen, but with things like this, you always have to take into account all kinds of scenarios.
    Ehh, yeah I want both of course. Don't really see it happening any time soon, though. Maybe in the future. I don't think it would weaken our bond or anything. But you never know I guess.
    (Original post by harrythomas14)
    I know you've given up on the idea, but I've read through the thread and have noticed you mentioning the fact that you've cheated on him in the past. Cheats often have the tendency to do it again...if you want to bang this guy and you've cheated on your boyfriend before, then I'd end up before you hurt him, personally.
    Really wish people would stop telling me to end the relationship. I'm not going to do that.

(Original post by JIMBO789)
    That's a ridiculous request. I'd be livid if my girlfriend wanted to do that
    I am not your girlfriend.

(Original post by Ciel.)
    How the hell can I convince him? Any ideas? I am really attracted to one of our friends. I obviously don't want to cheat on my boyfriend so I came up with this brilliant idea. Our friend is totally down for it but my boyfriend is not. He's never had a threesome before so maybe that's why. He thinks it can 'ruin' a relationship, which is stupid, I just want all three of us to have a bit of fun. But he's mad at me for even suggesting it. If any of you ever managed to convince your anti-threesome partner, please tell me how - 'you can pick whoever you like next time' didn't work
    If he doesn't want it, you don't convince him - he doesn't want it. Let go of it and get on with your life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tootles)
    If he doesn't want it, you don't convince him - he doesn't want it. Let go of it and get on with your life.
    I already have, this thread was made a few days ago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ciel.)
    I already have, this thread was made a few days ago.
    Just out of curiosity, what's the relationship been like since then? Did everything go back to normal?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joel 96)
    Just out of curiosity, what's the relationship been like since then? Did everything go back to normal?
    Pretty much. But he's still a bit annoyed, I think

ReputationRep:
    how attractive are you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angry Bird)
    how attractive are you
    Depends what you like I guess. I consider myself very attractive. The amount of attention (and followers :laugh:) I get seems to suggest that, too. But well, to each their own. Why do you want to know that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ciel.)
    I've done it before, too, but I wasn't in a proper relationship back then. But yeah, maybe he will change his mind in the future. I think he'd love it too.

Ehh, yeah I want both of course. Don't really see it happening any time soon, though. Maybe in the future. I don't think it would weaken our bond or anything. But you never know I guess.

Really wish people would stop telling me to end the relationship. I'm not going to do that.

I am not your girlfriend.
    Well I am delighted about that, you seem to be narcissistic too

ReputationRep:
    Well I am delighted about that, you seem to be narcissistic too
    How is wanting a threesome 'narcissistic'?

ReputationRep:
    I think the person referred to the statement you made about finding yourself attractive^

Have you given up now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Justin.Reid2000)
    I think the person referred to the statement you made about finding yourself attractive^

Have you given up now?
    Correct my friend

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Justin.Reid2000)

Have you given up now?
    Maybe :laugh: Yeah I guess... He needs a break at least.

Correct my friend
    That's just stupid. Was I supposed to lie and say that I'm not? Knowing that I'm good looking doesn't make me a narcissist. It's not my goddamn fault, lol.

You seem like the worst kind of gay stereotype to be honest. Vain and sex obsessed.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 7, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.