Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    HI, I'm looking for someone who is really interested in photography and can help me. Soon I'm going for a travel and I want to buy cool lenses to take photos of people, landscapes etc. Right now I own a lense for portrait photos (nikkor 35 mm).
    The last time when I've been to London I've taken some photos which I really liked, but they were taken with nikkor 35 mm and they are blurred a little Maybe I didn't set good settings... Frankly, I doubt, you have to be a relly good to take photos like that with portrait lense. XD

Okay...summarizing:
    -My camera is Nikon D5300
    -I already own basic lense and 35 mm which is really good for portraits
    -I need something what will be better at taking photos in those situations:
    x people walking on the street
    x photo of a person (half body or standing)
    x landscapes
    -my budget is limited as I'm just a student, but if something is really worth I can consider it or keep in mind
    -I'm just an amateour who likes to take artistic photos while traveling, so don't get mad at me for my lack of knowledge XD
    -if you want you can pv me and I'll send you my photos which are blurred and I can show you what effect I want to achieve

I guess that there is no lense that will be good at all situations that I wrote down, I'm open for many suggestions!!

ReputationRep:
    i use a canon fd 1:1.4 50mm lens on my canon av-1 film camera. lovely all-around lens so it might be useful for what you're wanting?? they're really cheap too because of the age. might be a pain as they're manual lenses and no zoom. i'm sure you could find a canon fd to nikon f mount adapter on amazon or something. maybe you could stretch to a more modern canon ef lens that allows autofocus and auto aperture?

here are some lenses on ebay (most are under £100)
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_f...m+1.4&_sacat=0

mount adapter, no glass so no loss of image quality. no focus to infinity though
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Adapter-Can.../dp/B009X69580

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 12, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.