Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    HI, I'm looking for someone who is really interested in photography and can help me. Soon I'm going for a travel and I want to buy cool lenses to take photos of people, landscapes etc. Right now I own a lense for portrait photos (nikkor 35 mm).
    The last time when I've been to London I've taken some photos which I really liked, but they were taken with nikkor 35 mm and they are blurred a little Maybe I didn't set good settings... Frankly, I doubt, you have to be a relly good to take photos like that with portrait lense. XD

    -My camera is Nikon D5300
    -I already own basic lense and 35 mm which is really good for portraits
    -I need something what will be better at taking photos in those situations:
    x people walking on the street
    x photo of a person (half body or standing)
    x landscapes
    -my budget is limited as I'm just a student, but if something is really worth I can consider it or keep in mind
    -I'm just an amateour who likes to take artistic photos while traveling, so don't get mad at me for my lack of knowledge XD
    -if you want you can pv me and I'll send you my photos which are blurred and I can show you what effect I want to achieve

    I guess that there is no lense that will be good at all situations that I wrote down, I'm open for many suggestions!!

    i use a canon fd 1:1.4 50mm lens on my canon av-1 film camera. lovely all-around lens so it might be useful for what you're wanting?? they're really cheap too because of the age. might be a pain as they're manual lenses and no zoom. i'm sure you could find a canon fd to nikon f mount adapter on amazon or something. maybe you could stretch to a more modern canon ef lens that allows autofocus and auto aperture?

    here are some lenses on ebay (most are under £100)

    mount adapter, no glass so no loss of image quality. no focus to infinity though
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.