Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Btec applied science level 3 give me DMM to get into teaching? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I was told by the unis I was looking at that I can have any btec courses to get into uni.I need DMM but do extended diplomas give that?

ReputationRep:
    I think it would depend on the entry requirements of the unis you apply to? Have you looked on UCAS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by siobhancait)
    I think it would depend on the entry requirements of what unis you apply to? Have you looked on UCAS?
    I did look at university of Leeds and they said any level 3 qualification oof any btec there is no specific and no what should I look into on ucas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by siobhancait)
    I think it would depend on the entry requirements of what unis you apply to? Have you looked on UCAS?
    Ah yes it is relevant.I need DMM and these btecs offer it so I can take these and help me progress onto teachnv

ReputationRep:
    Are you looking into studying this science btec? If so you could ask the course leader on what previous students have gone on to do. What age group do you want to teach? There are quite a few ways to get into teaching.

I did a CACHE Diploma in Childcare and Education and many of my cohort went on to university and teacher training. That could be something of interest to you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnnaGlypta)
    Are you looking into studying this science btec? If so you could ask the course leader on what previous students have gone on to do. What age group do you want to teach? There are quite a few ways to get into teaching.

I did a CACHE Diploma in Childcare and Education and many of my cohort went on to university and teacher training. That could be something of interest to you?
    Well one thing I want to avoid is childcare and health and social as I don't really enjoy it.and I'm hoping ages 5.11.i was told btecs are my only solution...I checked onto my local unis and it says level 3 extended diplomas and there are no specific which is why I see it as an option.Im not entirely sure which other way I can go now!

ReputationRep:
    The course is a lot more than childcare, I wouldn't discount it. Lots of theory and lots of practical placement which would be invaluable experience for you to write about in your PS.

But it's entirely up to you, you need to do what you think is right for you.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.