Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How to get an interview? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    How can I seem really approachable, so that I can get an interview asap?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flower_123)
    You don't just get interviews, you're invited to them based on a strong CV and application. Make sure your CV is formatted properly and you have relevant experience in the role you are applying to. Post in CV Help if you have concerns about your CV but here's some material to help.

http://www.jobs.ac.uk/careers-advice...-cv-guidelines
    https://nationalcareersservice.direc...ob/cv-sections

ReputationRep:
    The traditional way is to send in an application or CV to employers, and if they like what the see, they will contact you for an interview. It may be possible that for smaller businesses, you could get away with either going in, explaining your work experience and them asking you for an interview OR if you had a good friend/family connection you could bypass the application stage. However, this isn't very common.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much for the advice! Much appreciated 😀
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flower_123)
    Getting a job isn't like the 'old days.' :no:

You can't just walk straight into a job; you would essentially need an extremely good CV, combined with a good amount of work experience AND great references. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Haha thank you. I've updated my cv, and done all of the advice above. Thank you all

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.