Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Looks vs. Personality Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    If she looks after her weight and hygiene, and also has the perfect personality, then her natural features don't matter too much.
    In a sense, one's personality often dictates how they look, so both qualities go hand in hand. You could say both are crucial.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shameful_burrito)
    I'm just that quiet reserved guy
    Sure. 👍
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Joking, I believe you

ReputationRep:
    Personality is a nice thing to say like once but really if you don't help me out I'm not interested.

ReputationRep:
    Tsr bringing people together as always😂😂
    Indeed :sexface:

Tbh I think the answers in this thread were fairly predictable; very few people would say entirely one or the other whilst remaining honest.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SGHD26716)
    Sure. 👍
    Spoiler:
    Show

Joking, I believe you

I can talk for ages if I want to, but it exhausts me mentally and drains my energy. I just like being quiet. A man of a few, important, words.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordLndr)
    Rapping skills > Looks & Personality.
    Repping*

This is TSR, after all. Everyone aspires to be a coveted 12-gemmer

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who says that they ONLY focus on one thing is quite rightly lying.

Looks vs Personality is not a binary choice, it's not one or the other, it's a divide, a ratio.

You could be 75% Personality, 25% Looks. etc etc.

Humans are hard wired to physical attraction, it's been in our DNA for our evolutionary history, it's what maximises reproduction, etc.

tl;dr: even if you don't claim to care about looks, it's still accounted for, even if it makes a small percentage of your decision, it still exists, that's my point.

ReputationRep:
    I can talk for ages if I want to, but it exhausts me mentally and drains my energy. I just like being quiet
    I wasn't joking.

I'm pretty much the same. I'm pretty exhausted mentally from posting here so consistently recently.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't really be interested in their looks unless I'm attracted to their personality. I would generally be mentally attracted first before I'm truly physically attracted. If someone is obviously hot I might have a crush on them, but I would think I was being a bit dumb and I wouldn't pay much attention to myself. I think it's often the other way round for men, they are really attracted to looks first and that then makes them want to know the person.

ReputationRep:
    Its a tough one because naturally you go for looks but you want a personality to have an exciting relationship.

There’s times where I haven’t found someone attractive even if they look pretty good but as I get to know them suddenly I find them super hot and attractive… There’s this girl I thought I’d never like, she just didn’t look that nice and she didn’t give good first impressions, during the year she started looking better (nothing major) but I got to know her and I was shocked at the way I felt about her…

So it’s definitely a mix, leaning towards personality ofc she still has to look pretty good. Who said you can’t have both though?

If it were a choice, like if I had to live with someone with either good looks or a good personality I’m tempted to say personality… I wouldn’t shy from saying no if she was a complete b****. I wouldn’t waste my time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Count Bezukhov)
    Repping*

Na mate. Rapping gets you girls. Take it from us. We've got experience.

ReputationRep:
    Repping*

Name:  IMG_5261.JPG
Views: 7
Size:  110.8 KB
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't joking.

I'm pretty much the same. I'm pretty exhausted mentally from posting here so consistently recently.
    Nice man, and really?😂 For me this problem is just irl. Online it's fine cause I don't have to talk verbally, which is the thing that drains me.

ReputationRep:
    Na mate. Rapping gets you girls. Take it from us. We've got experience.
    And here was me thinking that playing an extract from La Bohème would suffice

ReputationRep:
    Nice man, and really?😂 For me this problem is just irl. Online it's fine cause I don't have to talk verbally, which is the thing that drains me.
    It takes brain power to come up with all those "jokes", never mind those world class puns.

Come to think of it I'm probably tired because I go to sleep at like 2:30. 😂

ReputationRep:
    You don't f*ck a personality.

ReputationRep:
    And here was me thinking that playing an extract from La Bohème would suffice
    Man, what are you smoking?
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zayn008)
    Its a tough one because naturally you go for looks but you want a personality to have an exciting relationship.

There’s times where I haven’t found someone attractive even if they look pretty good but as I get to know them suddenly I find them super hot and attractive… There’s this girl I thought I’d never like, she just didn’t look that nice and she didn’t give good first impressions, during the year she started looking better (nothing major) but I got to know her and I was shocked at the way I felt about her…

So it’s definitely a mix, leaning towards personality ofc she still has to look pretty good. Who said you can’t have both though?

If it were a choice, like if I had to live with someone with either good looks or a good personality I’m tempted to say personality… I wouldn’t shy from saying no if she was a complete b****. I wouldn’t waste my time.
    Yeah some have both but most are not that lucky😂😂 usually the ones with both are not extremly attractive or not extremly fun, more like average in both ygm. Where as very attractive people tnd to be more boring because they didn't have to develop a personality over the years(for obvious reasons) amd the less good looking people tend to be funny to make up for their lack of looks. I know it's a complete generalisation but so far I found it to be accurate with most people I met.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cubone-r)
    You don't f*ck a personality.
    But you can f#ck a dog as well by that logic. 😂😂😂

ReputationRep:
    No one, but I know I am lol. I'm just that quiet reserved guy irl
    Nah lol you're funny!! Being quiet is a different thing

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.