Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I don't miss my boyfriend who is away on holiday Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend has gone to Paris for a week, and it's been 2 days and I just.... haven't missed him.

We spend pretty much 24/7 together minus him being at work, so is this just me having some healthy alone time? I thought he'd be in my mind constantly and I'd be desperate to hear his voice, but I am not.
    Does anyone else feel this with their partners? Am I realising something?
    Perhaps I'm overreacting.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't miss my dad when I didn't see him for a few months - I think you are overreacting a little

how long is he away for
    i'd give it a few more days. does seem strange you wouldnt miss him though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slowdive)
    My boyfriend has gone to Paris for a week, and it's been 2 days and I just.... haven't missed him.

We spend pretty much 24/7 together minus him being at work, so is this just me having some healthy alone time? I thought he'd be in my mind constantly and I'd be desperate to hear his voice, but I am not.
    Ye thats why

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cloudyeyes)
    how long is he away for
    i'd give it a few more days. does seem strange you wouldnt miss him though
    I know, I'm genuinely worried! He's away until Saturday. Blaming it on being around each other all the time, god I don't know

I know, I'm genuinely worried! He's away until Saturday. Blaming it on being around each other all the time, god I don't know
    maybe you're bored of him but dont realise it. a break could be healthy

ReputationRep:
    If you're always with each other then it's not that surprising...you've both got some space which, as you rightly said, is healthy for the relationship.

I wouldn't sweat it, and at the end of the day it's a week - you don't have to be having withdrawal symptoms for you to show you care, which seems to be a common misconception nowadays.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harrythomas14)
    If you're always with each other then it's not that surprising...you've both got some space which, as you rightly said, is healthy for the relationship.

I wouldn't sweat it, and at the end of the day it's a week - you don't have to be having withdrawal symptoms for you to show you care, which seems to be a common misconception nowadays.
    Thank you for your reply, you make a lot of sense.

ReputationRep:
    Deleted

ReputationRep:
    you're an individual, you're allowed to enjoy and appreciate alone time.

ReputationRep:
    is he really your boyfriend then?

Spoiler:
    Show

im jk lmao just have fun whilst he's gone

ReputationRep:
    you're with each other 24/7 thats why, you appreciate the break
    • Very Important Poster

Yep its fine. Unhealthy is being too dependent on each other.
    Just use it as a holiday and so some things just for you.

ReputationRep:
    You are definitely over reacting. He'll be back next week so there won't be enough time apart to miss him

ReputationRep:
    We got a fcking badass here.

ReputationRep:
    How long have you been together?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YaliaV)
    How long have you been together?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Over a year

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for your reply, you make a lot of sense.
    No worries

ReputationRep:
    Expectations are the death of passion. You said you expected to feel a certain way about him going away. Well, life rarely meets our expectations, especially when it comes to other people. I'd trust your feelings about this and not worry about how you think you should feel.
    • Section Leader
    • Political Ambassador
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    He's been away for 2 days and you're already making a thread about him on TSR. Maybe he occupies more of your head than you think?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 26, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.