Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have you already had your 15 minutes of fame? Watch

Announcements
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Ever been in the news/on TV or won some big award? Or anything else applicable?

ReputationRep:
    School was on TV and they chose a handful of students to photograph.
    Unfortunately, they chose me

This was a long time ago though.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, I was the topic of a couple rumours and gossip in the last couple of months of school. People I had never spoken to were talking about me.

ReputationRep:
    I was front page on the local newspaper because I didn't get into a certain school lol

ReputationRep:
    Luckily no and hopefully never will be

Btw, your new avatar is very..............erm interesting :mmm:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IKEAPanda37)
    Luckily no and hopefully never will be

Btw, your new avatar is very..............erm interesting :mmm:
    I'm half expecting a PM from mods to ask me to remove it, but I think I'll get away with it

ReputationRep:
    Luckily no I like to just focus on where I am I don't worry about anything else. I worked in a Currys once they absolutely never shut up about famous people and high society (well paid police officers etc i.e. Corrupt *****es and hoes reverse discriminating) I ****ing had my brain half melted. I suppose that would be close to fame because they tart about on a shop and post lot so of photos on Facebook and hang about in their car parks.

I don't.

ReputationRep:
    No, I have a habit of keeping a low profile thankfully.

not me personally but i think they filmed a part of emmerdale at my high school once
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    newspaper (local) + TV + award

edit: also my youtube video has 3million+ views :cool:
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Got a bit of more than 15 minutes. Been in the local newspapers, won the dux for my school & also somehow got semi famous(not in my opinion but some think so) online and now I got "fangirls" (& fanboys fml), which seem to sometimes spot me irl too...not liking it btw. I'd prefer a lower profile.

ReputationRep:
    I like to keep a low profile but I was one of those kids who was fairly famous in my school. No idea how. Also appeared in a local newspaper and in a match day programme for my local football team.

ReputationRep:
    I used to be famous on twitter with over 40k followers and a tweet that went viral getting 60k retweets.. sad thing is they never knew who I was so it doesn’t count I guess… I deleted the account last year so it’s all in the past now

Never been on the news or TV though
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zayn008)
    I used to be famous on twitter with over 40k followers and a tweet that went viral getting 60k retweets.. sad thing is they never knew who I was so it doesn’t count I guess… I deleted the account last year so it’s all in the past now

Never been on the news or TV though
    Why did you delete your account? Asking cause I'm considering doing the same thing, just doesn't feel like the life for me ygm. Low profile sounds so much better

ReputationRep:
    Got 600 subscribers in one day, but im still young and hope to achieve much more lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serah.exe)

Link? :ninja:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Twice I was photographed or videod to be publicly shown but they decided to not go forward with me (presumably because I was too ugly).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serah.exe)

Whats the link?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shameful_burrito)
    Why did you delete your account? Asking cause I'm considering doing the same thing, just doesn't feel like the life for me ygm. Low profile sounds so much better
    Twitter is just awful now, I absolutely hate it!! It started going downhill in 2014, I barely used it in 15-16 and then I just decided to let go. I couldn’t make jokes without getting attacked by so many people… even though they knew it was trolling they wasted time hating 🙄 it just became filled with annoying people and too much politics.

I’m living the quite life on tumblr these days, much better for my soul
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zayn008)
    Twitter is just awful now, I absolutely hate it!! It started going downhill in 2014, I barely used it in 15-16 and then I just decided to let go. I couldn’t make jokes without getting attacked by so many people… even though they knew it was trolling they wasted time hating 🙄 it just became filled with annoying people and too much politics.

I’m living the quite life on tumblr these days, much better for my soul
    Lol didnt mean on twitter man, but insta. And ah I see, you didn't give up social media completly then😂😂 I was thinking to just get rid of mostly everything. Like insta, fb, etc. Dunno feel like it would make me happier

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.