Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm so depressed right now Watch

Announcements

I start university in 6 weeks. This job agency today sent me to another job agency to get a warehouse job that's 6:30 until 17:00 Monday to Friday. They told me not to tell the second job agency I was going to university. So I got the job and start tomorrow, but I lied to get it. What should I do now? Both job agencies know I got the job

I don't want to do it because I need to prepare for university. But I'm worried my JSA will be cut if I don't go. Why is my life always so terrible?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I start university in 6 weeks. This job agency today sent me to another job agency to get a warehouse job that's 6:30 until 17:00 Monday to Friday. They told me not to tell the second job agency I was going to university. So I got the job and start tomorrow, but I lied to get it. What should I do now? Both job agencies know I got the job

I don't want to do it because I need to prepare for university. But I'm worried my JSA will be cut if I don't go. Why is my life always so terrible?
    First of all you definitely need to tell the second job agency that you're going to uni in 6 weeks otherwise they'll assume you'll be with them full time for the rest of the year. Also, see how the work goes for the next few days, don't stress out about uni honestly, it'll all be okay. Be excited about it! Take some time aside during the weekend to go shopping or start packing - just do little bits every weekend or evening so that by the time your uni starts you'll be more than ready 6 weeks is a long time, you don't worry about anything. Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seasidestudy)
    First of all you definitely need to tell the second job agency that you're going to uni in 6 weeks otherwise they'll assume you'll be with them full time for the rest of the year. Also, see how the work goes for the next few days, don't stress out about uni honestly, it'll all be okay. Be excited about it! Take some time aside during the weekend to go shopping or start packing - just do little bits every weekend or evening so that by the time your uni starts you'll be more than ready 6 weeks is a long time, you don't worry about anything. Hope this helps
    Thanks I told them, they said it's fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hawksteinman)
    Thanks I told them, they said it's fine
    That's great! Really glad for you

ReputationRep:
    That's great! Really glad for you
    Thanks

It's really easy, but he hours are long. I have to go to sleep now. It's 10.5 hours a day with 2 x 30 minute breaks and I'm exhausted and I have a cold

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hawksteinman)
    Thanks

It's really easy, but he hours are long. I have to go to sleep now. It's 10.5 hours a day with 2 x 30 minute breaks and I'm exhausted and I have a cold
    I was really taken aback when I read the hours you have to do, if it gets too much just let them know. Aw, sleep well and hope you're feeling better, everything always works out somehow

ReputationRep:
    I was really taken aback when I read the hours you have to do, if it gets too much just let them know. Aw, sleep well and hope you're feeling better, everything always works out somehow
    It's ok, thanks

ReputationRep:
    I'm

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 29, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.