Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Saturday Job during A Levels? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've been working at a local café in my town for about a month and I will be for the rest of the summer. Do I carry it on after the holiday is over? I'll be starting my A Levels and i know that I'm going to stress myself out enough about them. Do you think its worth balancing that with a Saturday job for the sake of £20.50 a week? Plus I bought a season ticket for Plymouth Argyle FC for the next season so if i carry on with the job i've wasted £100.
    I can't say I've had the most fun with this job and i have a pang of nerves every morning before i start ( plus my boss is ridiculously intimidating and has somehow managed to turn a café political).
    Also, I feel so guilty just leaving, they lost another employe a few weeks ago and it totally threw everything of for everyone.
    Does anybody have any advice? I'm REALLY socially awkward so even the thought of handing in my notice is enough to give me cold sweats.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asairab)
    I've been working at a local café in my town for about a month and I will be for the rest of the summer. Do I carry it on after the holiday is over? I'll be starting my A Levels and i know that I'm going to stress myself out enough about them. Do you think its worth balancing that with a Saturday job for the sake of £20.50 a week? Plus I bought a season ticket for Plymouth Argyle FC for the next season so if i carry on with the job i've wasted £100.
    I can't say I've had the most fun with this job and i have a pang of nerves every morning before i start ( plus my boss is ridiculously intimidating and has somehow managed to turn a café political).
    Also, I feel so guilty just leaving, they lost another employe a few weeks ago and it totally threw everything of for everyone.
    Does anybody have any advice? I'm REALLY socially awkward so even the thought of handing in my notice is enough to give me cold sweats.
    Just carry on with it during A levels, you never know when that money will come in handy. I had a part time job as a waiter in a pub during my A levels and a part time job during uni for a bit. Earning money is never bad. Just keep your head down and do your job and you'll be fine!

ReputationRep:
    For the sake of £20, not for me. But if you have little money then it makes a difference. I managed to balance 16 hours a week at Tesco on college nights. Reason being I worked hard in my free periods, and during first year I had 8 free periods. That was 12 hours a week for independent study and even more once I dropped a subject in second year. I hardly revised at home apart from exam season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cubone-r)
    Just carry on with it during A levels, you never know when that money will come in handy. I had a part time job as a waiter in a pub during my A levels and a part time job during uni for a bit. Earning money is never bad. Just keep your head down and do your job and you'll be fine!
    I agree.
    And it looks good on your cv.
    The one shift a week will be manageable alongside your a-levels.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.