Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Help! Anyone do Sign Of Four?? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    We are doing sign of four for GCSEs and I am really struggling with this awful book- can anyone help??

ReputationRep:
    I don't study this book but I quickly googled it and there's some revision and analysis on the BBC website http://www.bbc.co.uk/education/guides/z2j72hv/revision and there's also an online study guide on grade saver: http://www.gradesaver.com/the-sign-o...-guide/summary
    Hopefully these are somewhat helpful, message me if you want to ask anything

ReputationRep:
    :eek: Sign of Four an awful book - gawd help you if you have Jane Eyre or Macbeth.

Find a copy of Jeremy Brett playing the part of Sherlock Holmes in the Sign of Four on TV/You Tube It's about the most accurate adaption, as Mr Brett insisted it stuck to the book.

Read up on Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's life, which was fascinating, to help you understand why he wrote it. There are also many SH societies that could help you with more information. The more outside info you gain and put into your essay etc., the higher mark you will get. I could sit here and write for pages but you wont learn anything - I wrote a briefing on him so know a far bit.

And never ever say Sherlock Holmes books are awful, you'll get lynched (only joking), some see him like Shakespeare or Dickens, so beware.

PS Do not watch the current Sherlock series for studying, it is totally different from the books, the Brett ones are best. They are on constant repeat on one of the Freeview channels, so keep a look out there.

Good luck!

Shame I've already passed my Eng Lit I could ace that book!

PS Here's the link for the Jeremy Brett version on You Tube
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgi_41tpzdQ

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.