The Student Room Group

do I still take Ukcat/bmat if I might apply for do med?

?? Not sure
Original post by tamanna___
?? Not sure

Yes, you also need to sit the exams the year before entry. So if you are hoping to start the course in 2018 you need to sit both this year. The ukcat is currently running and the BMAT runs on Sep/Nov
Reply 2
?? Not sure

If you want to study medicine in the UK, you have to sit either the UKCAT or the BMAT depending on the university.

The BMAT medical schools are:

University of Cambridge

Imperial College London

University of Oxford Medical School.

University College London

Lancaster University

University of Leeds

Keele University

Brighton & Sussex Medical School

All the other medical schools require UKCAT.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Doomsday Bunny
Yes, you also need to sit the exams the year before entry. So if you are hoping to start the course in 2018 you need to sit both this year. The ukcat is currently running and the BMAT runs on Sep/Nov

Original post by Bow Tie
If you want to study medicine in the UK, you have to sit either the UKCAT or the BMAT depending on the university.

The BMAT medical schools are:

University of Cambridge

Imperial College London

University of Oxford Medical School.

University College London

Lancaster University

University of Leeds

Keele University

Brighton & Sussex Medical School

All the other medical schools require UKCAT.

Thanks for your replies guys, but I wrote the title of the thread wrong and didn't realise :/ check out my new thread if you want, it would be helpful!
?? Not sure

Hi there!

Yep, if you're considering doing medicine you'll need to sit the UKCAT and possibly the BMAT in the year before you start your course. For example, if you were going to start medical school in September 2018, you'd sit the UKCAT/BMAT this year.

Most medical schools in the UK require the UKCAT, although only a handful require BMAT. You can read our UKCAT Guide and BMAT Guide for an overview of the exams and preparation tips.

Hope this helps! :smile:
The Medic Portal

Quick Reply

Latest