Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How to add on weight Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I really want to add on weight. I'm just under 50kg and 5"3 so my BMI is 'normal', but I'd like to gain a few pounds. What's the best way to go about this? Just literally eat and eat??

ReputationRep:
    Doing weights at the gym, you gain muscle mass and weight by consequence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wallflower ~)
    Doing weights at the gym, you gain muscle mass and weight by consequence.
    But I want more fat not muscle mass?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teenhorrorstory)
    Work out your TDEE by going to any TDEE calculator site and then eat 500calories above that. 7 x 500 = 3500 = 1lbs a week. Start slow for a couple weeks and if you want to gain more keep eating more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Casisalive)
    Work out your TDEE by going to any TDEE calculator site and then eat 500calories above that. 7 x 500 = 3500 = 1lbs a week. Start slow for a couple weeks and if you want to gain more keep eating more.
    No clue what TDEE is? I'm not really sure how I'd measure my calorie intake, as a lot of what I eat is homemade and cooked from scratch/natural ingredients that don't come in packaging with calories labelled
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    I really want to add on weight. I'm just under 50kg and 5"3 so my BMI is 'normal', but I'd like to gain a few pounds. What's the best way to go about this? Just literally eat and eat??
    I literally need help with this as well I don't seem to be gaining fat at all others just think I'm crazy tbh bc for me its so easy to loose weight due to my high metabolism which I hate tbh

ReputationRep:
    No clue what TDEE is? I'm not really sure how I'd measure my calorie intake, as a lot of what I eat is homemade and cooked from scratch/natural ingredients that don't come in packaging with calories labeled
    Thank you
    Your TDEE is how many calories you burn each day from just being you + any other activities you do.
    https://tdeecalculator.net/ is a great site to work yours out. As for tracking calories i recommend using a free app called my fitness pal. Its got a lot of ingredients on there so you will always have a rough estimate on how many calories you are getting in you. Its a lot better than just piling in food without measurements.

ReputationRep:
    Not sure why you'd want more fat, since fat is the worst kind of weight you can put on muscle also looks better.

If you struggle with eating you can drink your calories like me. Get a mass gainer and mix it with milk. You don't need an awful lot I imagine, so you can easily manage with small servings. Just add an extra few hundred calories to your daily intake.

ReputationRep:
    If you are healthy weight then there is no need to gain weight because you'll only get stretch marks and they aren't pretty trust me but if you really want to gain weight then just increase your calorie intake and start building muscle. You can get help at a gym

ReputationRep:
    'roids

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Casisalive)
    Your TDEE is how many calories you burn each day from just being you + any other activities you do.
    https://tdeecalculator.net/ is a great site to work yours out. As for tracking calories i recommend using a free app called my fitness pal. Its got a lot of ingredients on there so you will always have a rough estimate on how many calories you are getting in you. Its a lot better than just piling in food without measurements.
    Ahh I see. Thanks, I'll defs check out the app

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheBBQ)
    Not sure why you'd want more fat, since fat is the worst kind of weight you can put on muscle also looks better.

If you struggle with eating you can drink your calories like me. Get a mass gainer and mix it with milk. You don't need an awful lot I imagine, so you can easily manage with small servings. Just add an extra few hundred calories to your daily intake.
    Lool, I'm a size 6/8 and I'd like to move up to a size 10 and just look less thin

:yy: I'll check that out

ReputationRep:
    Eating more would make the most sense here but don't just eat any food you like, you need to make sure you've got a balanced diet otherwise this would lead to a lot of problems

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.