Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone on here done this? If you look at this photo there is someone who is taking part

Name:  42AEC27C00000578-4729682-A_man_was_seen_dousing_himself_with_water_in_Roman_Road_Bethnal_-a-91_1.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  166.3 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karl pilkington)
    Anyone on here done this? If you look at this photo there is someone who is taking part

Name:  42AEC27C00000578-4729682-A_man_was_seen_dousing_himself_with_water_in_Roman_Road_Bethnal_-a-91_1.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  166.3 KB
    It's only offered to medical students at Barts and the London School of Medicine ( to my knowledge) ;S but I would enjoy the experience as I aspire to be a trauma doctor!

ReputationRep:
    I did a very small amount at Oxford on a student first responder program - we were given marked a car and some basic equipment and put on the ambulance callout system and allocated calls. It was an excellent program. The only difficulty is as we were less useful to the ambulance service than a full ambulance we were always allocated to the quiet areas and in an 8 hour shift you might get 4 calls if you were lucky, for which you were alone for maybe 5 minutes before the real ambulance arrived, so it was a bit low-yield. But still a good program and i think it genuinely helped the local ambulance service's resource allocation so that's good.

I also responded to an out of hospital major trauma that i happened to witness one time That was exciting and put things in perspective!

Edit: I googled the specific thing you seem to be referring to - you just want to ride in a helicopter don't you :p:

ReputationRep:
    It's also offered at my uni, I know a few people who do it!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.