Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Scout question Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello all I would like some advice,

I was in the movement from Beavers until leaving a few years ago. I would really like to get back into it. I am going to uni and understand I can join a student scout society, however would it be practicle/achievable to volunteer at my old lodge between semesters when I'm home as upon graduating I would ideally like to be a full leader at my old lodge upon graduation.

Many thanks for any advice given.

ReputationRep:
    I suggest you ask them directly, and delete your post here before you get a heap of abuse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrSocSciences)
    I suggest you ask them directly, and delete your post here before you get a heap of abuse.
    Why would i get a heap of abuse? Is it a stupid question or is it just something people do on here?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studk99)
    Hello all I would like some advice,

I was in the movement from Beavers until leaving a few years ago. I would really like to get back into it. I am going to uni and understand I can join a student scout society, however would it be practicle/achievable to volunteer at my old lodge between semesters when I'm home as upon graduating I would ideally like to be a full leader at my old lodge upon graduation.

Many thanks for any advice given.
    You'll need to ask them directly. It's possible they have enough Scout leaders already so don't really need you. It's very likely they only hold meetings at term time, so depending on your semester dates you might only be there for a couple of meetings - they might be able to use you for planning or scout camps or hikes etc, but it depends what the group has planned. You will need a DBS check (the new CRB) which will take weeks to come through, so if you start the process now you might not be able to start this summer anyway.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.