Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Revision Methodologies? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

So I'm sure this question has been asked more than a thousand times within the community, albeit in slightly different context, we are all looking for help and ideas on how to appropriately revise for year 11. Or any other year of education for that matter.

I shall begin my last year of secondary education at the start of September, as well as being incredibly worried, and I'm hoping I could get some advice and tips on what I can do to prepare myself. As well as any useful revision material, be it downloadables or website based! If you have anything you could tell me, tips you could give me, or a giant wall of text on your experiences, I'd love anything I can get!

I would also like to welcome myself, I am new, and have just created an account, hopefully, I will gain useful insight whilst I use TSR in my last year of education, and I'm glad to be part of the community!

ReputationRep:
    Well if your in year 11 next year.....good luck!
    But study tips.....I would say that if your doing history as a GCSE then make massive timelines and stick them across your bedroom wall, because that reallly helped me memorise the dates and their associated events. Then for maths i glued myself to practice and sample papers because thats all you can really do for maths.
    I would advise getting ahead of yourself and do some academic reading for things you shall be studying more of come september....because Im currently doing that for my a levels that i will b taking next year, and it really is helping me understand more. But that is somthing I am confident, that would bring up your grades.
    So go out and order books relevant to what you will be studying or simply watch useful youtube videos, Get yourself into the zone now and dont leave it late

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ImReady!)
    Well if your in year 11 next year.....good luck!
    But study tips.....I would say that if your doing history as a GCSE then make massive timelines and stick them across your bedroom wall, because that reallly helped me memorise the dates and their associated events. Then for maths i glued myself to practice and sample papers because thats all you can really do for maths.
    I would advise getting ahead of yourself and do some academic reading for things you shall be studying more of come september....because Im currently doing that for my a levels that i will b taking next year, and it really is helping me understand more. But that is somthing I am confident, that would bring up your grades.
    So go out and order books relevant to what you will be studying or simply watch useful youtube videos, Get yourself into the zone now and dont leave it late
    I thought that might be the case, if revision is the main thing I need to be focusing on, then I shall try and gather some resources for the upcoming days and focus on how I can revise effectively. I will probably get myself in the mindset over the upcoming weeks when we come back to school!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr.Zacko)
    I thought that might be the case, if revision is the main thing I need to be focusing on, then I shall try and gather some resources for the upcoming days and focus on how I can revise effectively. I will probably get myself in the mindset over the upcoming weeks when we come back to school!
    trust me it will help you....its helping me

ReputationRep:
    R - relate content to real life
    E - early start, revise as you go along
    P - practise, do lots of past papers

(And make acronyms )

ReputationRep:
    **Pomodoro Technique.**Seriously - this will help you get things done at record speed. Essentially, it’s timed periods of work and breaks. Plenty of apps out there - I personally use Promo Timer - easily doubled maybe tripled my productivity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Readytostudy1232)
    **Pomodoro Technique.**Seriously - this will help you get things done at record speed. Essentially, it’s timed periods of work and breaks. Plenty of apps out there - I personally use Promo Timer - easily doubled maybe tripled my productivity.
    ...I swear I've seen this exact same answer in other threads. You being paid by Promo Timer or something?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.