Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Work wants the lads on the day shift to dress up as women to celebrate gay pride or something and I was wondering two things:
    1) How ridiculous is this?
    2) What do I even wear? A wedding dress or just t shirt, jeans and makeup?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ElAshtonio)
    Work wants the lads on the day shift to dress up as women to celebrate gay pride or something and I was wondering two things:
    10/10 ridiculous

Go as a feminist who has the choice to wear what she wants i.e go as yourself.

ReputationRep:
    Wow that’s pretty offensive, not all gay people are feminine. Your workplace is so 1917

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zayn008)
    Wow that’s pretty offensive, not all gay people are feminine. Your workplace is so 1917
    That's what I thought, it's pretty counter intuitive imo; it wouldn't surprise me if it annoys some of the gay pride people who come in. I'd be somewhat annoyed if I was one of them because it could be seen as being a mockery

ReputationRep:
    That's what I thought, it's pretty counter intuitive imo; it wouldn't surprise me if it annoys some of the gay pride people who come in. I'd be somewhat annoyed if I was one of them because it could be seen as being a mockery
    I get if it was like trans/drag pride if that’s even a thing… I wouldn’t go along with it, plus if my mum, dad or most of my friends saw me they’d never talk to me again lol

ReputationRep:
    Wear this

Name:  images.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  7.9 KB

ReputationRep:
    Wtf kind of place do you work in?

Just wear leggings, they are really comfortable.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Wear normal clothes and say gay people aren't a freak show so you don't have to dress up to support them.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    1. 100% ridiculous
    2. Go in normal clothes and say youve found this very offensive
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Dressing as a woman to confuse the body, right babe?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shameful_burrito)
    Dressing as a woman to confuse the body, right babe?
    Perfect time to post this:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Name:  Rich Piana.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  45.4 KB

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 27, 2017
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.