Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Birthday coming no friends Watch

Announcements

So I'm turning 19 soon but I have no friends when I mean none I mean 0 I cut the friends out from my life becasue they were toxic but a part of me misses them even though they were toxic. I have no friends and I feeel so lonely it's unbearable I wanted to go out but I realised I don't have friends. My family don't really celebrate birthdays but it's just different with friends and family

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So I'm turning 19 soon but I have no friends when I mean none I mean 0 I cut the friends out from my life becasue they were toxic but a part of me misses them even though they were toxic. I have no friends and I feeel so lonely it's unbearable I wanted to go out but I realised I don't have friends. My family don't really celebrate birthdays but it's just different with friends and family
    same here

ReputationRep:
    Sounds a bit like it's your fault for cutting your ex-friends out of your life.

Hey, tell you what. My birthday was last week. I have friends, but since i realised i've always been putting so much effort and getting nothing back, i started to cut them off. And no one really tries to stay. S0o on my birthday i went for a nice breakfast with my sister. She's not really into birthdays but I asked her and we had a really nice morning. Then I had to go to work but in the evening I went out. All by myself. And it was fun! I never really do it but I decided because it was my birthday it just had to be fun. so i met a couple of new people, had a little dance in a club and then ended it in a pub, then joined by a group of really nice people. And I didnt need any of my 'friends' to have a good time. Doesnt matter what it is - a long walk, an one-day trip, a night out on your own, or maybe just sitting in a pub with a drink - go and do whatever you want. And be happy. It's your day after all.

(PS Happy birthday!!!! xxx)

ReputationRep:
    Happy birthday man <3 Maybe go out and try to meet new people, but most importantly feel happy : )

ReputationRep:
    Not gonna lie that's a pretty sad ordeal, but I guess you'll just have to live with it.

ReputationRep:
    Things will get better, happy birthday and if you want to chat feel free to PM I don't really celebrate my birthday so I can't relate as much. Just go out and do something and be happy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClearSky)
    Sounds a bit like it's your fault for cutting your ex-friends out of your life.
    I think OP did the right thing. Toxic people are not good for your health. I wouldn't want people in my life for the sake of it if they were no good. OP do you go anywhere to try and make friends? Are you studying?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 26, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.