The Student Room Group

Are muslims being bullied on this website?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Moonstruck16
Totally can relate bbz. Went over to ISOC yesterday and had 12 posts removed in the space of 10 minutes. I feel like I'm being bullied for expressing my opinion and I really don't like this. I feel like I should report this to someone but Lord knows I'll probably have that reported and removed too. Tis a sorry state of affairs around here sadly :cry2:

The ISOC should be renamed as the "Islamic Safe Space" and block anyone who isn't Muslim from entering.
I blame the conflation of criticising Islam, the faith/ideology, and criticising Muslims, the people. In other words, I blame the word 'Islamophobia' and all its advocates.
Original post by Dodgypirate
I blame the conflation of criticising Islam, the faith/ideology, and criticising Muslims, the people. In other words, I blame the word 'Islamophobia' and all its advocates.

inb4 reported for telling the truth.

The ISOC should be renamed as the "Islamic Safe Space" and block anyone who isn't Muslim from entering.

The Faith & Spirituality subforum is already a designated safe space. It was originally splintered from the religion forum to allow religious folk to discuss religious matters free of challenge of any kind. (source)
Original post by ImReady!
but the way you criticise it matters too.....like the tones and wording you use can be impactful in either the wrong or right way

You are now entering a different subject: decency and manners. These are not relevant to the subject of whether criticism of an ideology is bullying or not.

Indeed. A thought police of this kind has recently emerged and aim to create 'rules', which are very much against Western values.
Original post by butfirst_coffee
That wasn't my point.

My point is people here promote free speech only when it suits them. People attack a religious person who claims that 'homosexuality is not natural.' But thats their free speech. Why dont they have the right to say that but you do have the right to say 'Islam is a violent religion.' Under the argument that it's 'free speech.' The level of ignorance is sad. To you a religion may just be an ideology but to those following the religion its their BELIEF. Like homosexuality can't just be 'switched' to being straight people can't just ignore their beliefs. And you're not respecting that but enforcing that we have to respect you're opinions. Proof and evidences of these claims aside.

Yes Ideas don't have rights but people do have rights to have ideas and beliefs. If you want free speech to disagree with Islam. Give muslims/christians/Jews the right to disagree with homosexuality (without giving them hate)

jajajajaj your argument is sooo stupid...A free speech is when you say something that doesn't go agains human rights,when that opinions goes agains it this is not an"free speech" this is discrimination and hate incitement...Before talk read the human right and the laws,by the way you made my funny so much with your ignorance!!😂😂

Quick Reply

Latest