The Student Room Group

Visa Application Error

i completed tier 4 general student application and submitted, i made two minor mistakes first i mentioned end date of course 30-09-2017 which is in actual 2018, secondly my father name is Muhammad munir i wrote Muhammad in surname which is incorrect now can i correct both mistakes by pen on printed application and also submit the correction letter is it acceptable? will it affect. please guide

Scroll to see replies

Original post by engrnimra
i completed tier 4 general student application and submitted, i made two minor mistakes first i mentioned end date of course 30-09-2017 which is in actual 2018, secondly my father name is Muhammad munir i wrote Muhammad in surname which is incorrect now can i correct both mistakes by pen on printed application and also submit the correction letter is it acceptable? will it affect. please guide

How can you correct if you have already submitted it? Do you mean you submitted online? Normally with forms there is a space for any other information and you cna include it there, bit cross out cleanly the mistaken info.

Personally I would have had a go at changing the 7 to an 8. or crossed the seven out and put 9 above.

Id have probably put Muhammad in the intended box and put a line through the other box.

As backup I would have attached a piece of paper pointing out the error and the amendment you made, then signed and dated it.
Reply 2
thank you for your reply i am planing to do the same and i need advice from someone who faced the same situation...
Reply 3
I made a similar mistake. My course end date is supposed to be 12 June but I mentioned 22 June. Were you able to make a pen correction before submitting ? Please advice really need some help.
Reply 4
Original post by levin97
I made a similar mistake. My course end date is supposed to be 12 June but I mentioned 22 June. Were you able to make a pen correction before submitting ? Please advice really need some help.

Hi,

i discussed with my uni they asked me to edit/ correct it on printed application form and inform the ECO during interview and they also said it should not effect your application. i did the same, but up till now i have not received my application decision will inform you the outcome but hopefully it will be positive..
HEY did you get your visa accepted ? I made a similar mistake so wnat to knw ?
Reply 6
yes...i got visa...by following instruction from my uni....
What advice did your uni gave you ? I have been advices to just write a cover letter stating my course end date is January 2019 not February 2019 as I wrote February instead of January. But I have attached the cover letter wirh my other documents. Did you just send the cover latter stating your mistake or you corrected your mistake in the printed form before sending it ? Your answer will help !
Reply 8
Original post by Soniaangel
What advice did your uni gave you ? I have been advices to just write a cover letter stating my course end date is January 2019 not February 2019 as I wrote February instead of January. But I have attached the cover letter wirh my other documents. Did you just send the cover latter stating your mistake or you corrected your mistake in the printed form before sending it ? Your answer will help !

uni advice me to explain it to ECO in your interview, and also attach a simple cover letter explaining your mistakes...i did this and i also correct my mistakes on printed application...
but don't you worry at all as this is not going to create any problem as you also submit CAS along with your documents and actual starting and ending dates are mentioned there...
Yes I had a cover letter attached answer sent it with my other docs also corrected it with pen in the print out copy of the application. Hope it all works out...
Hey, can you update of your visa outcome? And did ECO create any annoying emotiins over the mistake?
Reply 11
Hi Please I need help as soon as possible I have done two mistakes one in the travel history and the other in the level of the study Could any one give me an example for the letter I have to attached with my application to discuss my mistakes?
Hey, I have literally made the exact same mistake! did you manage to get it in the end?
Hey, just thought I'd actually be helpful here because, I know the feeling of messing up this bad... But I have got a visa in the end.I made 4 mistakes and 3 of which were critical but I crossed them out on a hard copy of the application form, wrote the correct answers in pen and wrote a cover letter explaining the mistakes with the application and it worked!Hope this encourages anyone fearing they may have messed up, I was actually surprised. I would certainly try to avoid this in future but I'm glad it worked this time.
Original post by SillWill
Hey, just thought I'd actually be helpful here because, I know the feeling of messing up this bad... But I have got a visa in the end.I made 4 mistakes and 3 of which were critical but I crossed them out on a hard copy of the application form, wrote the correct answers in pen and wrote a cover letter explaining the mistakes with the application and it worked!Hope this encourages anyone fearing they may have messed up, I was actually surprised. I would certainly try to avoid this in future but I'm glad it worked this time.

May i ask what is the format for the cover letter? I needed to write one but not sure of the format for the cover letter.
oh, I did similar mistake. I wrongly filled in the qualification to get as RQF3 but in fact it should be RQF6. I am so worried about this. My appointment is in early Aug.
I filled out my course level qualification wrong as well. I'm hoping since it's stated in the CAS that it will be ok, but I've already submitted and it's on it's way to NY...I think I'll try to contact the university visa support on monday.
Hey i made the same mistakes. Did you get your visa yet?
Reply 18
Hi, I made a similar error about "Qualification you will get"... Could anyone help with the cover letter format?
Original post by engrnimra

heyy...even i did a mistake but not with the names but the language ability/ielts. i am supposed to chose the option yes but due to the misunderstanding i opted for no. Can you advice me about what to do?
thank you. your answer will really help.

Quick Reply

Latest