The Student Room Group

Would History of OCD disqualify me from Camp America?

I'm interested in applying to be a Camp America Counsellor in Summer 2018 but am worried my history of OCD would affect my application. I mainly suffered from it back in 2011-2013, and while I was not formally diagnosed (as I was under 18) I did attend cognitive behavioural therapy. Also, my case was never thought of severe enough for me to be offered any kind of medication. In 2017 it hardly affects me, as I grew out of it as I got older.

Would this disqualify me?
Original post by to-be-continued
I'm interested in applying to be a Camp America Counsellor in Summer 2018 but am worried my history of OCD would affect my application. I mainly suffered from it back in 2011-2013, and while I was not formally diagnosed (as I was under 18) I did attend cognitive behavioural therapy. Also, my case was never thought of severe enough for me to be offered any kind of medication. In 2017 it hardly affects me, as I grew out of it as I got older.

Have you tried asking Camp America? Maybe DM'ing their twitter or emailing them might supply you with an answer.
Original post by to-be-continued

Hey there! You can definitely still apply! We look into every medical condition on a case by case basis so it wouldn't disqualify you at all. Our medical co-ordinator would get in touch with you if they need anything from you AKA a doctors note.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

- Sophie

Quick Reply

Latest