Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Would History of OCD disqualify me from Camp America? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm interested in applying to be a Camp America Counsellor in Summer 2018 but am worried my history of OCD would affect my application. I mainly suffered from it back in 2011-2013, and while I was not formally diagnosed (as I was under 18) I did attend cognitive behavioural therapy. Also, my case was never thought of severe enough for me to be offered any kind of medication. In 2017 it hardly affects me, as I grew out of it as I got older.

Would this disqualify me?
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by to-be-continued)
    I'm interested in applying to be a Camp America Counsellor in Summer 2018 but am worried my history of OCD would affect my application. I mainly suffered from it back in 2011-2013, and while I was not formally diagnosed (as I was under 18) I did attend cognitive behavioural therapy. Also, my case was never thought of severe enough for me to be offered any kind of medication. In 2017 it hardly affects me, as I grew out of it as I got older.

Have you tried asking Camp America? Maybe DM'ing their twitter or emailing them might supply you with an answer.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by to-be-continued)

Hey there! You can definitely still apply! We look into every medical condition on a case by case basis so it wouldn't disqualify you at all. Our medical co-ordinator would get in touch with you if they need anything from you AKA a doctors note.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

- Sophie

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 23, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.