Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would a guy go for this much effort for a friend? Watch

Announcements

So this guy went to a museum he wasn't even interested because I accidentally suggested it.
    And now he wants to go for dinner on his birthday? He is even calling in to leave work early. (He doesn't know that I know it's his birthday)

Should I get him a card and pay for dinner ? It's only the second date and even though we talked a little bit in college before I wouldn't say we are that close. He really isn't making his intentions clear and I'm actually so confused

But I don't understand why he would go to work in the morning then with me at night when it's his birthday? I feel bad that he's wasting the evening on me???

He had friends so it's not like he's got no one

But the thing is he is a generally a very nice gentleman guy, gets along with everyone easily, everyone loves him so I don't know if he is just being nice, and doing what he would do with anyone else.

Bump
    • Very Important Poster

He's interested. He doesnt realise hes been rumbled.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So this guy went to a museum he wasn't even interested because I accidentally suggested it.
    And now he wants to go for dinner on his birthday? He is even calling in to leave work early. (He doesn't know that I know it's his birthday)

Should I get him a card and pay for dinner ? It's only the second date and even though we talked a little bit in college before I wouldn't say we are that close. He really isn't making his intentions clear and I'm actually so confused

But I don't understand why he would go to work in the morning then with me at night when it's his birthday? I feel bad that he's wasting the evening on me???

He had friends so it's not like he's got no one
    Noooooo. Go to dinner with him and go Dutch. But get him a card and a small gift as a token, idk a bottle of wine or something like that.

Treat it as a normal date which just happens to be on his birthday.

Methinks he will be hoping for a 'special' birthday gift when you get back to his place later !

(Original post by uberteknik)
    Noooooo. Go to dinner with him and go Dutch. But get him a card and a small gift as a token, idk a bottle of wine or something like that.

Treat it as a normal date which just happens to be on his birthday.

Methinks he will be hoping for a 'special' birthday gift when you get back to his place later !
    Oooookkkk. But I don't know if he drinks? And I'm not going to his place later lol

(Original post by 999tigger)
    He's interested. He doesnt realise hes been rumbled.
    What does that even mean..
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by Anonymous)
    What does that even mean..
    1. He is interested in getting to know you better.
    2. He probably thinks he is being subtle and doesnt realise you know he has gone to extra lengths already.

(Original post by 999tigger)
    1. He is interested in getting to know you better.
    2. He probably thinks he is being subtle and doesnt realise you know he has gone to extra lengths already.
    Oh ok. Thanks for clearing that

ReputationRep:
    Even if you dont like him in the same way he likes you, he seems like a nice guy so if you're up for it give him a nice night. If he does cross boundaries you aren't comfortable with just let him know but for now it seems like he just enjoys your company, just enjoy it and hey you never know you might actually get feelings for him

(Original post by zayn008)
    Even if you dont like him in the same way he likes you, he seems like a nice guy so if you're up for it give him a nice night. If he does cross boundaries you aren't comfortable with just let him know but for now it seems like he just enjoys your company, just enjoy it and hey you never know you might actually get feelings for him
    That's true, I don't mind being friends I just don't know what he wants if you know what I mean.
    Also if anyone knows what I could get him please send help

ReputationRep:
    Ye he is interested in you, likely just shy in saying it. When you go for the next date make your intentions clear. If you see him only as a friend say it, if you see him as something else say it.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 26, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.