The Student Room Group

Would you live in the UK given the chance to live anywhere else?

If yes, where? and why?

Scroll to see replies

Yes, I would stay in the UK, as long as I was not living in South East England or London.
Probably not.
Yes. I'd stay. My family and friends are here.
And I live in Yorkshire, a beautiful part of the country
Yes unless my partner wanted to move away.
@elforjg02 move to Libya 😂😂😂
Reply 6
Original post by swissariana
If yes, where? and why?

Probably go back to India
Somewhere is South America probably.
Reply 9
I love this country but its loosing its way a lot, 10 years ago pre 2008 there was so much hope for the country moving forwards, I'm not sure where its headed now. I dont feel inspired in the UK unless I'm looking at its history, there are some parts of the country I'd love to live in but as of now, I'd probably take the move and choose Boston, Toronto or Brooklyn. I hate to say it but this country has become depressing... my career hopes for the future are to either be part of the change this country needs or move away with a good job in something I love, both are quite unrealistic but its what keeps me motivated.
Original post by qasim_96
@elforjg02 move to Libya 😂😂😂

nahhh f that im not going back :laugh:
I've been wanting to move to the USA since my first visit as a child in the late 90's. I continuously save almost all of my income in the hopes of starting a business/retiring in the states.

I used to be very vocal about my love for the USA, but this country isn't all bad... It could be a serious case of 'the grass is greener', but I'm optimistic, and after all, that's the spirit of the USA. :smile:
hell no, i dont plan on staying here at all.
not sure where i would go yet though.. as most of the world is pretty **** now.
I would pick Canada.
No I wouldn't.
Would just go back to Russia. (Iran, not right now)
Interesting to see a mix of responses! I have to agree that our world is pretty messed up right now
I'd move to New York or Vegas given a chance. Wouldn't want to move anywhere else though, as 1) I only speak English and 2) I'm happy where I am.
Original post by swissariana
If yes, where? and why?

Having lived in Australia for a year I can't think of any aspect of living in the UK that is superior.

Paid more, taxed less, better weather, better transport, better work life balance, better leisure activities, happier people, less crowded, better healthcare* (this is subjective as I only used it once), and prettier ladies. I would not have come back if I'd been able to get a VISA.

Actually, I've just realised, internet speeds aren't as good over there, they are possibly a little bit more racist but as a white European the worst I suffered from that was a comment along the lines of the problem with people like me is we end up not leaving. Friends that I made from India, Korea, and South America caught much worse, but it is an issue that is improving and their immigration restrictions are just sensible.

There are many countries I would choose the UK over, but I don't think the UK is the pinnacle of what the world has to offer. I wish I'd tried more when I was younger.
I'd move to France

Quick Reply

Latest