The Student Room Group

Would you live in the UK given the chance to live anywhere else?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by swissariana
If yes, where? and why?

I'd move to Los Angeles...

Better Weather, close to the ocean/beach, mountains, desert and has a really vibrant city centre and better food
Original post by BigYoSpeck
Having lived in Australia for a year I can't think of any aspect of living in the UK that is superior.

[...] less crowded

It's less crowded in Australia? I thought there's many people there!

Where in Australia did you live in? (if you don't mind me asking)
Nope, I'd move to Canada
I'd probably move to USA, Canada or South Africa.

If I had to stay in UK then I'd stay where I am in South East England or move to South West England.

The population of Australia is 24 million and it's considerably bigger than the UK.

I lived in Sydney, Melbourne, The Gold Coast, Brisbane, and the Sunshine Coast.
If yes, where? and why?

Yes I would stay here. I am very patriotic and anti mass migration so for me to emigrate somewhere would be contradictory of my own views

Australia have a superior land mass to the UK but have around 40% of the population thus living standards are better
Id lvoe to move to either weymouth or the faroe islands.
Outside of the uk, id love to move to the Falkland islands.
At the moment no, because of my degree.
However if it weren't for that I would be very willing to move to Switzerland, which I think just might be the best country in the world
Original post by DonaldMAGATrump
Yes I would stay here. I am very patriotic and anti mass migration so for me to emigrate somewhere would be contradictory of my own views

I suppose it depends on how one sees it really. Being anti mass migration doesn't mean being completely anti-immigration or anti-emigration?
Reply 30

Theres less people living in Austraila than in the UK. Theres about 65 mill in the UK and about 24 mill in Austrailia.
Nope, I want to emigrate to the US.
I love this country, but I just can't stand the direction it's going in. I feel like it's only gonna get worse in the next 10-20years. I would head to Canada if I could, the US isn't any better but I'm a citizen so I could always go there if we end up worse than them!
Original post by scrunkie
I love this country, but I just can't stand the direction it's going in. I feel like it's only gonna get worse in the next 10-20years. I would head to Canada if I could, the US isn't any better but I'm a citizen so I could always go there if we end up worse than them!

Depending what it is that you think this country is headed in the wrong direction with I'd be cautious about thinking Canada is a better prospect.

Quick Reply

Latest