Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Millennials cheating for the most millennial reason ever! Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Just break up with them, mate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SGHD26716)
    Cheating is never ok. It's quite frankly a disgrace.

Commitment in relationships nowadays seems to be dead. People only seem to be interested in each other for sex. Once they got bored, they move on. What kind of living is that?

Eventually you have to settle down with a partner for the long term, not just for yourself, but for your children's sake, who I think deserve both a dad and a mum in their life.
    You don't have to settle down at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redmau17)
    You don't have to settle down at all.
    Fair enough. That's just my way of thinking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SGHD26716)
    Fair enough. That's just my way of thinking
    I agree that it isn't fair on a child to keep playing about with relationships, but I also wouldn't say you have to settle down, just as long as the mother and father of the child are on good terms and are willing to sacrifice for the child.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redmau17)
    I agree that it isn't fair on a child to keep playing about with relationships, but I also wouldn't say you have to settle down, just as long as the mother and father of the child are on good terms and are willing to sacrifice for the child.
    As long as the child as a father figure and mother figure in their life they see consistently, preferably the parents are living together, then it's ok for me
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by summer1311)
    If you caught your partner cheating and their excuse was they were 'trying to figure out who they really are' , would you let them get away with it?

A new study has claimed that 'Twenty-somethings cheat because we’re trying to figure out who we truly are", or as The Metro put it "it’s because our lives are in shambles, we’re figuring out who we are, and we want to feel like we’re being independent" :argh:

"The study, published this week in the Journal of Sex Research analysed 104 adults with an average age of 22, all who reported cheating within the last six months...

Basically, most of the twenty somethings researchers chatted to felt that they had unmet needs related to independence, feeling as though their relationship was holding them back from working out who they are and from attempting to be an adult out in the world for the first time...

‘Because emerging adulthood is thought to be a time of exploration and experimentation, it is possible that engaging in infidelity is a path through which individuals seek to meet their developmental needs for independence and interdependence and promote their individual development,’ said the study’s authors.

Or, in simpler terms, twenty somethings cheat because we have no idea what we’re doing – on our own or in a relationship – and we’re trying to figure things out".

Hmm.... 'figure things out' sounds like a bit of a :poo: reason, but then again is there ever a good one?

Do you agree with this report? Is cheating ever okay? Have you ever caught your partner cheating? let me know!
    It is never ok and my 21 year old ex cheated on me
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I would tell them to **** right off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uberteknik)
    Twenty-something's cheat because they are low life **** heads and narcissists who are arrogant enough to think they are entitled.
    Yeah, because 30-somethings, 40-somethings, etc, are not like that at all. :rolleyes:

We are the moral generation compared to the previous lot.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    Yeah, because 30-somethings, 40-somethings, etc, are not like that at all. :rolleyes:

Ha ha, just re-read and amended my error. It was not meant as a generalisation !
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)

There's some limited evidence that men especially could be considered more moral (though one suspects the more shallow nature of modern society is simply encouraging a more stark divide between the social have's and have not's) however it's hard to see how the current generation of women are not by far the most disloyal and deceitful and i say that as somebody who does not hate women like some.

Personally i blame the destruction of gender norms. Even you as a female must surely admit that women have behaved much more like men than men have women hence that previous virtuous innocence that women were perceived to have is falling away as they act the way that men did/do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AspiringUnderdog)
    Just break up with them, mate.
    haha straight to the point

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 31, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.