Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why did this boy block me?? Watch

Announcements

Very broad question but a year ago I was seeing this guy, and maybe I was a bit naive but I thought he was such a genuinely lovely person. We went on a few dates and we ended up sleeping together. However I asked him 'what he wanted' and he said ' I don't want to do relationshipy type stuff because I've just come out of a relationship' then the penny dropped that I was a rebound. He told him as his girlfrind broke up on our first date but he never said when, and I knew I should've asked this. However, I made it clear to him that didn't want to be used for sex and he convinced me he wasn't and that he thought I was really nice. Then when I realised that he was still in contact with his ex, I confronted him, and then he was like ' sorry but I can't do this anymore you're a nice girl and I don't want to hurt you. You deserve someone who can commit to you' and then just blocked me and eeeyrhing. I didn't even act crazy. I know that they aren't back together or anything so I'm really hurt by what he did a year on. It makes me think that I'm ugly and I know it's bad to compare myself to other girls but when I look at his girlfriend, I don't particularly think that she's any better looking than me. How can I move on from this? Because now whenever I talk t a new guy I presume they'll do the same thing so I push them away and then they presume I'm crazy. I really want my confidence back

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mojitogirl)
    Very broad question but a year ago I was seeing this guy, and maybe I was a bit naive but I thought he was such a genuinely lovely person. We went on a few dates and we ended up sleeping together. However I asked him 'what he wanted' and he said ' I don't want to do relationshipy type stuff because I've just come out of a relationship' then the penny dropped that I was a rebound. He told him as his girlfrind broke up on our first date but he never said when, and I knew I should've asked this. However, I made it clear to him that didn't want to be used for sex and he convinced me he wasn't and that he thought I was really nice. Then when I realised that he was still in contact with his ex, I confronted him, and then he was like ' sorry but I can't do this anymore you're a nice girl and I don't want to hurt you. You deserve someone who can commit to you' and then just blocked me and eeeyrhing. I didn't even act crazy. I know that they aren't back together or anything so I'm really hurt by what he did a year on. It makes me think that I'm ugly and I know it's bad to compare myself to other girls but when I look at his girlfriend, I don't particularly think that she's any better looking than me. How can I move on from this? Because now whenever I talk t a new guy I presume they'll do the same thing so I push them away and then they presume I'm crazy. I really want my confidence back
    Tell yourself that what happened wasn't your fault at all and that the majority of guys aren't like this because they really aren't I promise you. I know it's hard, but trusting people is one of the most important things in any relationship. When you're talking to a new guy get to know him a lot first, go out and do fun things like roller skating or bowling together. Don't feel pressured into starting a relationship, trusting people again will take some time but you'll get through it you're a million times better than this guy and you deserve a great boyfriend - remind yourself and remember that

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 26, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.