Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you on FB? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I usually don't, no. I only do if their profile is private so there's no info on there. So I accept and see if I know them in some way and then unfriend them if I don't

(Original post by Steljoy)
    Yeah, say that! Honestly, this message will make it less stalky, because adding them without any reason just seems dodgy.
    Basically I sent a message. I think she was on since but she doesn't appear to have read it, and also it is probably in her "other" folder.
    Is it that hard to notice a message from someone you're not friends with?
    Do you think I should do something else because she might not see my message?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Basically I sent a message. I think she was on since but she doesn't appear to have read it, and also it is probably in her "other" folder.
    No I don't think it was, because I got a message from someone who I wasn't friends with and I could see quite easily. Maybe its just the fact that she doesn't know you?

As a last resort, are you friends with any of her friends? Maybe you could open a path through them?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    I rarely check my "other" folder. But it will sometimes come up in notifications that someone would like to connect with me.

(Original post by Steljoy)
    No I don't think it was, because I got a message from someone who I wasn't friends with and I could see quite easily. Maybe its just the fact that she doesn't know you?

As a last resort, are you friends with any of her friends? Maybe you could open a path through them?
    Dam. Unfortunately I don't see them that often, so I don't know how I would do that. And it would be strange to bring her up considering she is probably not that close with them either... Any other ideas?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Dam. Unfortunately I don't see them that often, so I don't know how I would do that. And it would be strange to bring her up considering she is probably not that close with them either... Any other ideas?
    Can't really think of anything else to be honest, sorry! :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Would you accept a friend request from someone you don't really know on FB if you have common friends with them?

Are you of opposite gender to the person you are trying to add?

Assuming you are male, are you a very attractive male?

If the answer to both questions is yes then most girls will add you. you've got about a 60-65% chance of being added.

Yes, I saw a facebook experiment like this, and what's more the guy used wasn't even a friend of a friend.

people are likely to accept random ads if the other person is hot and opposite sex, and that's the bottom line...

don't listen to all the people here saying nah never. Put an attractive opposite gender person before them and most won't reject the ad.

(Original post by ANM775)
    Are you of opposite gender to the person you are trying to add?

Assuming you are male, are you a very attractive male?

If the answer to both questions is yes then most girls will add you. you've got about a 60-65% chance of being added.

Yes, I saw a facebook experiment like this, and what's more the guy used wasn't even a friend of a friend.

people are likely to accept random ads if the other person is hot and opposite sex, and that's the bottom line...

don't listen to all the people here saying nah never. Put an attractive opposite gender person before them and most won't reject the ad.
    Well I am female like her.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 1, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.