Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Dear teacher....... [Golden thread] Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Dear 1st year English Language who was my 2nd year English Literature teacher:

I actually love you! Thank you for all the help you gave me when nobody else would. Thank you for believing in me and for actually taking the time to mark all the extra stuff I did, I know it must have been a pain in the butt to do but I couldn't have walked into my exams and felt confident if it was not for you. I may have disappointed you by not getting into Oxford, but you still pushed me to do well and keep improving. To say the very least, I will miss you but I hope that your first years will appreciate just how amazing you are.

To my 1st year English Literature teacher:

Thank God you got fired! The nominations are in and the winner of THE worst teacher award goes to *drum roll* you! Thanks for nothing. You saw I had potential but had issues with structure yet instead of helping, you just bigged me up... I got two lots of devastating news around exams last year and you could see I wasn't all there and you tell me to give up and not try? What good would that really do?? Then you have the cheek to call me out of revision when I got moved because you chose to listen to a bully in your class spread lies about me as to why I got moved? Real mature! I didn't lie about the reason and other teachers who knew even backed me up but you were so incapable of seeing that I was being bullied in your class this year, you chose to listen to her lie than believe me... Well, at least you got fired now 😂

To my 2nd year English Language teacher:

Thank you for trying. I am going to flop this subject in results as that A* will not be on my side 😂 I know this year was hard as it has never been taught and the exam threw in a curve ball... but don't blame yourself. You tried to do the best for us all and those who didn't bother will know about it soon enough. You are lovely and you try to be as enthusiastic as possible, but you do need to learn to be a bit more scary to get people to shut up.

To my Media teachers:
    Good luck to you both! I have enjoyed my two years of this subject with you two. I am going to miss your teaching and the subject too. This year has been stressful with the likes of filming a short film in 2 weeks to get a better grade, but what is done is done. Fingers crossed for results and I really hope that both of you can get out of that college because you deserve so much more than that stupid place... especially with the inadequate head of Media *sips cup of tea* but that's not my business 🐸☕

ReputationRep:
    Dear chemistry teachers,

Thanks for being good at teaching, even though you didn't teach huge junks of the spec.

Dear physics teachers,

Thanks for teaching the majority of the spec, even though you didn't teach it very well.

Dear maths/further maths teachers,

Thanks for teaching all the spec apart from all the C3 knowledge I needed for M2. I guess your teaching was decent but there are a trillion past papers so self teaching the missing parts wasn't too difficult.

ReputationRep:
    Dear the teacher who taught me media studies at GCSE,

Thank you for never believing in me and frankly not caring about what I did in class. I got no help from you and still managed an A in my coursework. You are no part of the reason I'm going on to do media at degree level in September, and I cannot fathom how you have not been banned from teaching yet. Everything I achieved at GCSE in media was in no part attributed to you, and the only thing I can thank you for is allowing me to understand that when I have a teacher who is not supportive and doesn't seem to care about my progress, I can still work hard and achieve the best I can by myself. Cheers.

Dear history teacher at GCSE and A-Level,

You are an absolutely fantastic teacher. You taught me for five years and never gave up on me, even when I found things hard. You helped me when I was down and supported me through this year, and I owe so much to you. You wrote my reference for history and I owe you so much for helping me with university and celebrating with me when I got my offers. You have been one of my biggest cheerleaders for history and I owe so much to you, as you were the one who inspired me to continue taking history.

Dear sociology teacher from these past two years,

I hated sociology so much. You have no idea how much I panicked over sociology and loathed it. Well, you might have some idea, but you never gave up on me. You knew that I could succeed and encouraged me when I was feeling down. You made me feel good about my progress and made me feel happy about the prospect of results. I owe you one and you're amazing. I wish you all the best in the future and want you to know that you have been so understanding and made classes more bearable, especially with the drama lateness incidents last year that I couldn't avoid. Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    Dear physics teacher,

Thank you for jumping off tables and climbing on furniture and short circuiting a multimeter on purpose and throwing things around and playing oasis songs just because you thought it'd help us remember what we needed to know. Truth is, I hate physics, but I'm never going to forget all the weird stuff you've done

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abc_123_)
    Dear my Latin & English tutor.

I'm sorry I only got an A in English language, even though I came along way with your help and I know you'd never be disappointed in me.

I hope you're well and I miss having you as a tutor.
    Aww how nice! and only an A?! Well done!!!

(Original post by Harley's_Queen)
    Dear 1st year English Language who was my 2nd year English Literature teacher:

I actually love you! Thank you for all the help you gave me when nobody else would. Thank you for believing in me and for actually taking the time to mark all the extra stuff I did, I know it must have been a pain in the butt to do but I couldn't have walked into my exams and felt confident if it was not for you. I may have disappointed you by not getting into Oxford, but you still pushed me to do well and keep improving. To say the very least, I will miss you but I hope that your first years will appreciate just how amazing you are.

(Original post by eruditeprincess)
    Dear sociology teacher from these past two years,

I hated sociology so much. You have no idea how much I panicked over sociology and loathed it. Well, you might have some idea, but you never gave up on me. You knew that I could succeed and encouraged me when I was feeling down. You made me feel good about my progress and made me feel happy about the prospect of results. I owe you one and you're amazing. I wish you all the best in the future and want you to know that you have been so understanding and made classes more bearable, especially with the drama lateness incidents last year that I couldn't avoid. Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    Dear maths teacher,

you touched my arm one time. Do you like me? Should I date you? Is it wrong or illegal to date you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by summer1311)

ReputationRep:
    Hello the beautiful people of TSR.

Unlike most here, I actually decided to say the stuff to my teachers – I gave all 11 of my AS Teachers a personalised thank you card. I didn’t get a chance to take pics of all of them, but here are a select few.

Name:  DEAR TEACHER.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  473.7 KB

I’ve purposefully put the pictures blurry, just in case any names show up, though I tried to black them out – but here they are.

CARD 1 – TOP LEFT

To Dr D. [Chemistry Teacher]

First of all, Sorry to be leaving you with the rest of the class for one more lesson. Hope you can cope!

Second, I wanted to say a Massive Thank You for all of the help this year (though I still know none of the bond shapes!)

Hopefully all of the hard work has paid off for the exams.

Do you remember back in February when Mrs B accused you of being my favourite teacher? Sorry, but that’s still undecided. (Hope it doesn’t hurt your ego too much 😊)

In the words of your Cricket mates, I also wanted to say “Shab Bash, Beta*” for your work.

Thanks Again,

Fabs

P.S Please don’t tell Mrs K that I’ve noticed the odd grey hair or two and mentioned it to a colegue of hers!

CARD 2 – TOP CENTRE

To Mr M [Spanish Teacher]

Sorry for giving such a girly card. I just couldn’t find one that screamed ‘Machismo’, you know.

I just wanted to say thanks for all of the help this year – I’m not going to say thanks for choosing Pan’s Labyrinth to study. There’s a fair few scenes that will haunt me forever.

Also, you should be VERY proud that I managed to refer to Dickins in my essay for a long time. [???? I think I meant every time. I can’t believe that I just noticed this now. What an idiot I am!]

Thanks again for everything,

Fabs

P.S – I’m not really sorry for not taking Spanish next year – there is only so much a girl can do!

CARD 3 – TOP RIGHT

To Miss M [Maths Teacher]

It was a lot of fun having you as my teacher this year.

It was particularly funny watching you get up to your antics with the boys.

I think I’ll remember for some time the say you made [A Student] teacher for the day – and my favourite quote from you will always be 2This is why we have so many Us!”

Hopefully, all of the hard work paid off for the exams.

Thanks so much,

Fabs.

CARD 4 – MIDDLE LEFT

To Mrs N [Physics Teacher]

Your lessons have been really nice and quite chilled out this year. (Sorry that the others tended to slack off a lot – and the Valentines week Drama)

It was really nice having you as a teacher this year and I wanted to say thank you for all of the help.

Hopefully it paid off for exams,

Fabs.

CARD 5 – BOTTOM LEFT

To Mrs K [Chemistry Teacher]

It’s been a lot of fun having you for chemistry this year (even if it was only for organic).

I had just wanted to say thank you (and that Dr D is the superior Chem Teacher – I’m only joking).

Hopefully all of the work paid off in time for the exams,

Fabiha

P.S A [Science Technician] is most definitely sabotaging thr experiments – why else would [a student]’s experiment explode?

SIDE STORRIES

For all 11 of my AS Teachers, I thanked them for the work they put in to personally help me, and managed to reference as many inside jokes as I could.

Two of the 11 teachers were leaving this year – and I’ve not included them in the pictures because they were extremely personal. If you want to read about it, head over to my thread in the Blogs Section – The Irreparably Hopeful Ambitions of a Girl with No Followers. [Wordy, I know].

It’s become habit of me to give my teachers this sort of thing – I gave all my GCSE Teachers cards like these [as well as a box of chocolates each. Don’t tell them, but I managed to only get them at a pound each]. I’ve also given some of the teachers that have left before that a little something too.

One was a Science Teacher who was part of the DofE squad – Mr M. For him, I got him a personalised notebook which said “Baking is my super power, my apron is my cape” along with a logo that I designed for him. On the inside, it had a message inside that took me ages to write, and had to enlist the help of a now-relatively-famous tumblr poet. He could tell it was so heartfelt, he actually cried – which caused me to cry and then we hugged and said goodbye. [I was okay with hugging him because he swung the other way, and felt more like a friend than a teacher]

Because I am such a hoarder, here it is:

There are many days where teachers need to be super humans, yet you have managed to do this every day. Probably to cope with all the hormonal teens.

You should know that nothing could ever equate to a teacher’s worth - you must be special to be able to go to hell and deal with Satan’s spawn for work.

You'd think I'd reward you by never seeing you again ... but I'm still expecting a wedding invite.

So the only thing I'll give you is some advice - if whatever you do next fails, you'll still do the world wonders with your baking. Well, you did know the right number of rainbows in a cake could sweeten the world.

And another thing - anyone who has you as a mentor and a role model like we have had at [My School] would’ve won the lottery; who else gets to say they saw a superhero in real life, after all, you don't need an s on your chest to be deemed one.

So, thank you for everything, I wish you all the best, Fabiha xxx

If you want to steal a few lines, feel free, but make sure you put a reference since it’s been copyrighted 😊

And there was also another science, specifically Chem, teacher that left before him – Mr W. He was my teacher throughout years 7 to 9.

He was the teacher that got me interested in the sciences.

Since he was undoubtedly the favourite teacher of my whole class, the A level classes he taught and the GCSE classes he taught, me and my friends has got him a memory book – full of inside jokes, Gibbs’ 42 Rules from NCIS, and goodbye messaged from each and every one of his students – mine of course being the last one [though because I was in such a rush, I doubt it made any sense or was legible].

And since quite a few of the girls were infatuated with him – let’s face it, he was pretty good looking [something I came to realise much later when the topic of his effectiveness as a teacher was brought up] – aa very embarrassing ‘party’ was thrown in his honour with all of the science staff. We decorated his lab with steamers, and this every embarrassing picture of him from the school’s ‘Call Me Maybe’ parody video for Red Nose Day. [My idea of course – didn’t stop him from ripping down the pics tho].

Sorry to say that I can’t remember the message.

BUT HERE IS MY DEAR TEACHER ENTRY Though I consider all of them an entry, this one is in the format everyone else has done.

Dear Teacher who’s subject I won’t reveal because it would be painstakingly obvious who you are,

I know I gave you a present this year to say goodbye and a card with not even the tip of the iceberg of our inside jokes, but I didn’t emphasise what an impact you made. You showed me that it’s perfectly okay to like your subject, and be good at school and all of that other stuff and actually be myself. You were someone I could rant to about when things were particularly annoying at school, like the coat ban, the one way system and the school system in general – and just listening to the frustrating things about home since you knew you wouldn’t understand, and that sometimes the only thing to do is listen.

And your passion for your subject is envious – if only people could see it for what it is.

Fabs xxx

Hope this entertained you all, and that you have a fantabulous day,

Fabs xxx

ReputationRep:
    Thank you all my teaches for your kind and warming support.

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show

(Original post by fchowdhury1303)
    Hello the beautiful people of TSR.

Unlike most here, I actually decided to say the stuff to my teachers – I gave all 11 of my AS Teachers a personalised thank you card. I didn’t get a chance to take pics of all of them, but here are a select few.

Name:  DEAR TEACHER.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  473.7 KB

I’ve purposefully put the pictures blurry, just in case any names show up, though I tried to black them out – but here they are.

CARD 1 – TOP LEFT

To Dr D. [Chemistry Teacher]

First of all, Sorry to be leaving you with the rest of the class for one more lesson. Hope you can cope!

Second, I wanted to say a Massive Thank You for all of the help this year (though I still know none of the bond shapes!)

Hopefully all of the hard work has paid off for the exams.

Do you remember back in February when Mrs B accused you of being my favourite teacher? Sorry, but that’s still undecided. (Hope it doesn’t hurt your ego too much 😊)

In the words of your Cricket mates, I also wanted to say “Shab Bash, Beta*” for your work.

Thanks Again,

Fabs

P.S Please don’t tell Mrs K that I’ve noticed the odd grey hair or two and mentioned it to a colegue of hers!

CARD 2 – TOP CENTRE

To Mr M [Spanish Teacher]

Sorry for giving such a girly card. I just couldn’t find one that screamed ‘Machismo’, you know.

I just wanted to say thanks for all of the help this year – I’m not going to say thanks for choosing Pan’s Labyrinth to study. There’s a fair few scenes that will haunt me forever.

Also, you should be VERY proud that I managed to refer to Dickins in my essay for a long time. [???? I think I meant every time. I can’t believe that I just noticed this now. What an idiot I am!]

Thanks again for everything,

Fabs

P.S – I’m not really sorry for not taking Spanish next year – there is only so much a girl can do!

CARD 3 – TOP RIGHT

To Miss M [Maths Teacher]

It was a lot of fun having you as my teacher this year.

It was particularly funny watching you get up to your antics with the boys.

I think I’ll remember for some time the say you made [A Student] teacher for the day – and my favourite quote from you will always be 2This is why we have so many Us!”

Hopefully, all of the hard work paid off for the exams.

Thanks so much,

Fabs.

CARD 4 – MIDDLE LEFT

To Mrs N [Physics Teacher]

Your lessons have been really nice and quite chilled out this year. (Sorry that the others tended to slack off a lot – and the Valentines week Drama)

It was really nice having you as a teacher this year and I wanted to say thank you for all of the help.

Hopefully it paid off for exams,

Fabs.

CARD 5 – BOTTOM LEFT

To Mrs K [Chemistry Teacher]

It’s been a lot of fun having you for chemistry this year (even if it was only for organic).

I had just wanted to say thank you (and that Dr D is the superior Chem Teacher – I’m only joking).

Hopefully all of the work paid off in time for the exams,

Fabiha

P.S A [Science Technician] is most definitely sabotaging thr experiments – why else would [a student]’s experiment explode?

SIDE STORRIES

For all 11 of my AS Teachers, I thanked them for the work they put in to personally help me, and managed to reference as many inside jokes as I could.

Two of the 11 teachers were leaving this year – and I’ve not included them in the pictures because they were extremely personal. If you want to read about it, head over to my thread in the Blogs Section – The Irreparably Hopeful Ambitions of a Girl with No Followers. [Wordy, I know].

It’s become habit of me to give my teachers this sort of thing – I gave all my GCSE Teachers cards like these [as well as a box of chocolates each. Don’t tell them, but I managed to only get them at a pound each]. I’ve also given some of the teachers that have left before that a little something too.

One was a Science Teacher who was part of the DofE squad – Mr M. For him, I got him a personalised notebook which said “Baking is my super power, my apron is my cape” along with a logo that I designed for him. On the inside, it had a message inside that took me ages to write, and had to enlist the help of a now-relatively-famous tumblr poet. He could tell it was so heartfelt, he actually cried – which caused me to cry and then we hugged and said goodbye. [I was okay with hugging him because he swung the other way, and felt more like a friend than a teacher]

Because I am such a hoarder, here it is:

There are many days where teachers need to be super humans, yet you have managed to do this every day. Probably to cope with all the hormonal teens.

You should know that nothing could ever equate to a teacher’s worth - you must be special to be able to go to hell and deal with Satan’s spawn for work.

You'd think I'd reward you by never seeing you again ... but I'm still expecting a wedding invite.

So the only thing I'll give you is some advice - if whatever you do next fails, you'll still do the world wonders with your baking. Well, you did know the right number of rainbows in a cake could sweeten the world.

And another thing - anyone who has you as a mentor and a role model like we have had at [My School] would’ve won the lottery; who else gets to say they saw a superhero in real life, after all, you don't need an s on your chest to be deemed one.

So, thank you for everything, I wish you all the best, Fabiha xxx

If you want to steal a few lines, feel free, but make sure you put a reference since it’s been copyrighted 😊

And there was also another science, specifically Chem, teacher that left before him – Mr W. He was my teacher throughout years 7 to 9.

He was the teacher that got me interested in the sciences.

Since he was undoubtedly the favourite teacher of my whole class, the A level classes he taught and the GCSE classes he taught, me and my friends has got him a memory book – full of inside jokes, Gibbs’ 42 Rules from NCIS, and goodbye messaged from each and every one of his students – mine of course being the last one [though because I was in such a rush, I doubt it made any sense or was legible].

And since quite a few of the girls were infatuated with him – let’s face it, he was pretty good looking [something I came to realise much later when the topic of his effectiveness as a teacher was brought up] – aa very embarrassing ‘party’ was thrown in his honour with all of the science staff. We decorated his lab with steamers, and this every embarrassing picture of him from the school’s ‘Call Me Maybe’ parody video for Red Nose Day. [My idea of course – didn’t stop him from ripping down the pics tho].

Sorry to say that I can’t remember the message.

BUT HERE IS MY DEAR TEACHER ENTRY Though I consider all of them an entry, this one is in the format everyone else has done.

Dear Teacher who’s subject I won’t reveal because it would be painstakingly obvious who you are,

I know I gave you a present this year to say goodbye and a card with not even the tip of the iceberg of our inside jokes, but I didn’t emphasise what an impact you made. You showed me that it’s perfectly okay to like your subject, and be good at school and all of that other stuff and actually be myself. You were someone I could rant to about when things were particularly annoying at school, like the coat ban, the one way system and the school system in general – and just listening to the frustrating things about home since you knew you wouldn’t understand, and that sometimes the only thing to do is listen.

And your passion for your subject is envious – if only people could see it for what it is.

Fabs xxx

Hope this entertained you all, and that you have a fantabulous day,

Fabs xxx

Aww this is really sweet!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by summer1311)

cake wednesday sounds like it needs to be introduced in all schools...
    The sixth form at my school have different people bringing in cakes every week in a few different subjects
    Spoiler:
    Show

I'm only in Year 9 only 3 more years to go

Dear my maths teacher,
    you were great, you let us talk and when we lost concentration you let us play a game, and yet we still got the best results in the year
    Dear science teacher,
    Stop showing us Howie Investigates videos - even the BBC website says they are for 7-9 year olds!
    Dear Form Tutor,
    Stop smiling so much and I am not looking forward to being in your class next year, despite the class being AMAZING

ReputationRep:
    Dear Econ Teacher,

You're a good sport and know your econ, and whilst you may have a patchy attendance record, I hope to see you in the clubs and thanks for the lessons.

ReputationRep:
    Dear IT teacher,

How are you asking the class how to save a document?

ReputationRep:
    Dear Dr. Stevenson
    You were a top notch teacher and never gave up on me when I thought of giving up on myself. Hoping your new books sell well as they are a great read, and also hoping you carry on inspiring young students and sixth formers to follow their end goal.

ReputationRep:
    Dear ex-history teacher,

You told me I would fail GCSE history but I got an A*, HA !!!
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:

Dear GCSE Physics Teachers,

Thank you for being amazing and for making physics actually seem understandable and interesting. Before attending your lessons, I hated physics with a passion. Now, I am still bad at physics, but at least I can appreciate it and like it to an extent rather than feeling pure hate in regards to it. :grouphugs:

Dear AS Sociology Teacher,

Giving me an E in the mocks and trying to get me off the course through various means (such as attempting to make me seem too mentally unstable for A-levels when my mental state and health were fine) just because you did not like me was not acceptable. I got A in your subject without revising more than 20 hours in the period of time between the mocks and exams, so stop claiming I deserved that E. I hope you stop teaching soon because people like you should never have become teachers in the first place.

Dear AS Psychology Teacher,

You were the best teacher I have ever had. :daydreaming: Psychology was never the same after you left. :cry2:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for telling me I'd never get anywhere in life. I hope my A*A*A*A* told you otherwise.

ReputationRep:
    Dear Teacher,

You were right. When I said that I had done my homework but just left it at home I hadn't really done it.

ReputationRep:
    Dear phsyics teachers, you are the *****iest most patronising people in the world and thanks for letting me know time and time again that im incapable to getting a decent grade

ReputationRep:
    Dear English teacher,

Thank you for helping me on my personnal statement, without you I would be totally lost!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.