Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Dear teacher....... [Golden thread] Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScarletCelestia)
    Dear Mr English, I appreciate every hand written thank you card you gave us and now all I can hope for is the grade I need in English. You were also the one who helped me talk to the woman who helps those who needed it. And I needed it. Thank you.
    (Original post by whyyyyy)
    Dear English Teachers,
    To my main one- thank you for never giving up on me. You held me accountable and refused to let me fall to the wayside. Every re write, every late homework you held me to. Thank you.
    To the rest of you- you were my favourite department (except the head of Year) thanks for breakfasts, all the effort you put into our revision in class. I hope it all paid off.
    English teachers seem to be good'uns I want english dept breakfasts!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by summer1311)
    English teachers seem to be good'uns I want english dept breakfasts!
    My English teacher also once gave myself and about eight others detention with himself at a lunch time. We all got biscuits (Maryland Choc Chips, Bourbons and Viamese Whirls) and he let me work on my speech (for the subject itself) for the next day. We were allowed to talk. It wasn't much of a detention, really.

ReputationRep:
    Mine would have to be a confession:
    Dear maths teacher,
    i failed harder than last year.

ReputationRep:
    Dear Chemistry teacher,

I know you tried to help me and I appreciate that a lot but I honestly think chemistry is one of them subjects that I'm never going to understand. I did fairly decent on some of the topics but the end of A-level chemistry was just a nightmare for me but thank you for trying to teach me something that made no sense to me at all.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Dear Maths Teacher #1:
    You were hands-down the best teacher I've ever had. For three years, my maths classes were full of laughter and in-jokes and nicknames, AND we learned maths at the same time. You chaperoned on the school trip to Thailand and we had the best time laughing at the funny advertisements and generally being cynical about the world. You never let us listen to music in classes, but when David Bowie died you played his greatest hits for everyone to hear, despite only a few people in the class knowing who he was. I can't thank you enough for the influence you had over my sense of humour and confidence in maths. I learned in your class that anybody can understand maths, with the right teacher. Thank you so much. The only thing I'll never forgive you for is leaving right before our final year.

Dear Maths Teacher #2:
    I only had you for one year and you were hands-down the worst teacher I've ever had, and during that year I also had a chemistry teacher who got fired for not teaching us anything, so that's saying something. Your teaching style makes no sense and you have a very severe god complex, coupled with a very short temper. I was willing to forgive you for the first few weeks you taught us, since you were in a new country and the more laid-back culture of our school was likely very different from the strict schools you had taught in before. But then you just became an *******. When a (very insecure) student audibly calls herself stupid for not getting a question right, THE TEACHER IS NOT SUPPOSED TO AGREE AND SAY "yes, I was disappointed in you for not getting that". I would thank you for writing a very nice paragraph about me for my uni application, but I know you didn't believe a word you wrote. Considering how rude you were to my friends and class in general, you frankly don't deserve it. I got very high A's in my maths GCSEs, and was getting solid 6/7's with my old teacher. When you arrived, I couldn't get above a 4. Coincidence? No. You arriving wasn't a "rude awakening", you weren't there to "save our class" from failure (there's that god complex again). We were doing just fine without you, you're just a terrible teacher. And we know we're not the only ones who think this way, we've met past students of yours who agree with us on every level. I'm surprised you can breathe when your head's so far up your own ass.

ReputationRep:
    Dear Chemistry teacher,
    I would just like to say that I really do appreciate all the hard work you have put in over the last two years to try to secure me a good grade. Whether or not that is the case, I'd like to mention that you honestly were the best teacher I had, doing everything in your power to make it so. So thank for teaching me all of the content in so much detail, thank you for not giving up on me when I'm sure others would have, and most of all thank you for being my teacher as I know that wasn't a easy job at times.
    Your student,
    Ana

ReputationRep:
    Dear GCSE Food Tech teacher,

Thanks for helping to make high school a hellish experience for me.

Dear A-level Chemistry teacher,

Thanks for being one of the most wonderful teachers that I ever had the pleasure of learning from. I know that I didn't try, and that I didn't apply myself. I didn't do homework; hell, I didn't even do work when I was in lessons, but you still believed in me until the very end. I'm sorry that I didn't try, and that I didn't validate your belief in my capabilities. I'm sorry, but I'm on the road to making up for that now.

ReputationRep:
    Dear teacher,
    Please stop telling us about end of topic tests the day before or asking for our term's independent learning with no warning.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Dear Old Maths teacher,
    Trying to scare us into good grades doesn't work for everyone.
    I am trying my best and that is all I can do.
    Tor

ReputationRep:
    Dear All My Teachers at my 6th Form,
    Thank you so much for all your support however I didn't manage to get the confidence to sit on the floor like my old school, maybe you should work on that as the floor is actually really comfy.
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Dear maths teacher,

How come you have rendered such an amazing subject so lame.

Dear physics teacher,

How come you are so slow at explaining things ?
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    Dear Film and TV teacher,
    I loved your classes. I love Film and TV so much that I became a Film and TV teacher. I loved you as a teacher...then. I've since realised you were selfish. You lavished time and praise on the kids who got good marks, and completely forgot the rest. I thought you'd be my inspiration when I became a teacher...but instead you were an example of exactly what not to do. I'm proud to be nothing like you.

Dear Year 11 and 12 Drama teacher,
    I owe you so much. Thank you.

Dear Year 11 and 12 Modern History teacher,
    I always felt like my complete inability to recall dates and names meant I couldn't 'do history'. You proved me wrong. Thank you for encouraging all of us to question, debate, challenge and listen. To be passionate. To be deeply interested in the world around us. I cannot tell you the impact your teaching had on me when I became a teacher myself. (...but I still can't remember dates )

ReputationRep:
    Dear Maths teacher,
    Thanks for being a wonderfully understanding teacher! To be honest you were more like a sweet grandma to me as you kept giving gifts on Christmas day, New Years day and so on. God bless you!

ReputationRep:
    Dear All my PE teachers,

I hope you know how much of a living hell you had made my life and how much damage you have caused to my body and my mental health. Being physically disabled and in pain all my life and being forced and teased to do the bleep test among with other excises even though my knees would grind into my bone, has lead to my even worst condition and even smaller knee caps. How cruel can you be to put a disabled person through so much and still make insults like "chicken legs" and "lazy ass" even though I was trying my best to please you all. Then forcing me to stand in a court in the rain, wearing only shorts and a t-shirt even though my doctors notes confirmed of my bad circulation and how i could get very very sick if out without more that 2 layers. Your bullying had lead me to hospital, to countless amounts of pain, to increase my depression... I hope you all lose your jobs.

From,
    "Disabled *****"

ReputationRep:
    Dear Mrs F, my psychology teacher
    Thank you for always believing in me, I hope I can make you proud. You were the funniest teacher ever, I'll miss your random anecdotes.

Dear Mrs W, my other psychology teacher
    You were a bit of a b*tch. Your favouritism was blatant, but I never let it pull me down. I can't wait to prove you wrong.

Dear Mr M, my biology teacher
    Thank you for trying so hard for us, you were new and had to deal with a lot. You actually made biology enjoyable! I had a tiny crush on you but let's not dwell on that.

Dear Mr H, my English Literature teacher
    You were strange. But nice nonetheless, I'm sorry but your voice made me want to fall asleep most lessons. It's unfortunate that my best subject was the one I found most boring. I guess I'll miss the class debates and your cheesy motivational speeches.

Dear Mr B, my EPQ supervisor
    Oh, where do I start? Thank you for always believing in my abilities when it felt like nobody else did. You were understanding, and supportive and never pushed me too far. I loved our discussions, and I loved how you taught me to see some aspects of the world in a different light. I learned more in seven months with you, than I did in thirteen years of education. You frustrated me at times, with your inability to respond to emails! But it's okay, I knew you were busy. You went beyond what was required to help me out though, and I'll always be grateful for that. I wish you would've taught me in previous years, I wish I would've gotten to know you sooner. You left a lasting impression on me, and although others may see you as that strict or boring humanties teacher, you're truly inspiring. I admire you a lot.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Dear A-Level Economics Teacher
    When I picked economics I was hoping to enjoy it, the content of the class is great but your method of teaching caused me to despise the subject. Nothing I look at now in regards to economics can ever change my opinion on this. A subject I was so interested in, disintegrated by your bad teaching.
    Ignoring my emails constantly, and when you reply it's not even answering the question. I've constantly been asking for assistance in and out of lesson and you never bothered to provide that, meaning I had to self teach myself parts of the course (which to nobody's surprise didn't go very well). Stop trying to act cool so you can be "down with this generation" because it's not doing you any favours and I'm happy you've left. It's hilarious how they made you head of 4 departments because you don't even have the capability to teach one of those subjects. I've had to put up with this for two years and this is the subject that's going to make or break my uni acceptance. Whilst putting blame on other people is not something I'm prepared to do, if I completely flunk economics I know to look at you.

Dear AS/2 Classics Teacher
    Not gonna lie you were absolutely hilarious these past 2 years. I never really wanted to do classics at first and when you started teaching us I became so intruiged with the subject. Taking me on that trip to meet Prof. Edith Hall that time was the start - it sparked an interest that has rolled from a tiny snowball into the size of a giant boulder. We did throw fun personal attacks at each other which at times were both pleasant and unpleasant.
    You left us in December after you had a stroke and you didn't have to come back 1-2 months later but you did. We were all told not to expect you back until April but you came back mid-January, your bravery and persistence is something I've really looked up to.

Dear A2 Law Teacher
    I wasn't sure about you at first and that just shows that you don't judge a book by its cover. I disagreed with your whole "swearing" rules considering all of my other subjects we could freely swear but whatever. You taught the subject and you taught it well. Not only did you teach it well I felt a lot more confident than what I did during AS (in fact, my economics teacher was also my AS Law Teacher too!!). Gutted you left because your AS group would've enjoyed some of the things you were covering with us but these things happen. I promised you I'd get into uni and I'm usually not one to break a promise so hopefully I fulfil that.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for giving me the knowledge I so craved

ReputationRep:
    Dear maths teacher of 2016,

Thanks for inspiring me to pursue a career in mathematics - unlike any of teacher I've ever had, you're the only one that has tried to push me past my limits. I really appreciate you.

Dear science teacher,

I saw you in pizza hut. You saw me. I know, it was hella awkward. Sorry about that. :giggle:

Dear history teacher,

For some reason people dislike you, however I always enjoy your lessons. You have inspired me to take History instead of Geography. I could tell you were very passionate about your subject, and you taught it very well. I believe the way you disciplined your students was both humourous and perfectly acceptable, although some would disagree. You know when people genuinely don't care about your class and try to ruin other people's education, and you tell them what they deserve. I respect that. Thank you a lot.

Dear French teacher,

I felt like you were the only teacher that cared about my well-being more than my grades. I really admire you for that. Additionally, you were an absolute fantastic teacher.

ReputationRep:
    Dear Modern History Teacher (High school)

Thanks for giving us all of the wrong info, not ever giving a single **** whenever you "taught" and expected us to work hard, and for all the depressing lectures on how nobody was ever going to do anything with their lives. Somehow, I managed to gain a huge interest in history anyway, without your help, and went on to begin a degree in Ancient and Modern History at a top uni. Despite the fact that all you ever did was print off sheets with the wrong info, I still want to become a History teacher, just so I can show people like you that it's not pointless!

Dear Ancient/Modern History Teachers (College)

Thank you for actually caring about your subject, and making it so much more interesting and fun than I was taught beforehand!

ReputationRep:
    Dear Teacher I am determined to be a success in the future

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.