Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Feeling depressed Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm 17 and over the course of the year I've become more and more miserable. It's got to the point where sometimes I go to my classes and teachers would say that I look miserable and ask me what's wrong. My closest friends think I am always moody and my family always tells me that I am always angry. All I do now is sleep during the day and cry everyday when I'm alone or when I feel that no one is watching me. I feel so lonely and I feel like I have no real friends as most of my so called friends don't speak to me and no one understands how I feel. I've tried talking to my brother about this but he says I need to get out there and meet new people. But I don't have the energy for anything anymore. I've been thinking about suicide but I know that's not the answer and I don't want to do it. So guys what do you suggest I should do? Please no rude comments. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    go to your GP/school counselor

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't sound like your mental health is doing too well, especially if you're getting suicidal thoughts. I can't recommend it enough that you should seek professional help like it were a physical illness. Talk to your GP or nurse and explain the situation. They should be able to refer you to help. Depending on your local services, you shouldn't have to wait too long and there are hotlines out there specifically for cases like this. Just make sure you talk to people you trust and aren't ignored

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry to hear you feel this way. I went through the same thing. Are you applying to university or somewhere? If so, use it as a goal to motivate you. And try to appreciate the little things in everyday life, spend more time with your family, plan some fun things to do over the Summer to remind you that life isn't just doom and gloom. You deserve it. Also, try and remember what you are passionate about - what drives you onwards. Pursue your dreams and passions. But do go to your GP too. :console:

ReputationRep:
    If I go to the gp what would they do would they ask me personal questions and to say how I feel?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 26, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.