Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I have a conditional offer to study here commencing this September. Two people I know who went last year to bham didn't get any of there choices. I am now starting to feel worried I will be living somewhere far from the uni if I go this September! The stress of not getting in has now been replaced by the stress of not even getting any of my accommodation choices!

I did however pick my choices for accommodation back in December, so would doing it early have any real effect?
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by BusyStarGazing)
    So I have a conditional offer to study here commencing this September. Two people I know who went last year to bham didn't get any of there choices. I am now starting to feel worried I will be living somewhere far from the uni if I go this September! The stress of not getting in has now been replaced by the stress of not even getting any of my accommodation choices!

I did however pick my choices for accommodation back in December, so would doing it early have any real effect?
    If Birmingham is your firm then you get guaranteed accommodation. It does not apply if its your insurance.

Name:  birmingham.PNG
Views: 50
Size:  39.5 KB

It also states they try and get you as close as possible to your choice.
    I cannot see any other criteria so id expect if you applied straight away you will be one of the first to be processed. If in doubt ring the accommodation office.

Main Switchboard:
    Tel: +44 (0)121 414 3344

ReputationRep:
    Accommodation is allocated in a random order regardless of whether you applied early or not. Unfortunately to make it fair for everyone they can't guarantee that you'll get one of your top choices so I'd suggest making sure you are reasonably happy with all the preferences on your application as you could end up living in your 4th or 5th choice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    If Birmingham is your firm then you get guaranteed accommodation. It does not apply if its your insurance.

Name:  birmingham.PNG
Views: 50
Size:  39.5 KB

It also states they try and get you as close as possible to your choice.
    I cannot see any other criteria so id expect if you applied straight away you will be one of the first to be processed. If in doubt ring the accommodation office.

Main Switchboard:
    Tel: +44 (0)121 414 3344
    perfect, thank you!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.