Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Strangest, funniest or outrageous things you have seen at school/uni [Golden thread] Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fox Corner)
    This really cracked me up. I'm assuming this is at UEA, just because when I went there to visit a friend there were cute bunnies EVERYWHERE! :bunny2::bunny::bunny2::bunny:
    Yeah this was UEA, well guessed!

ReputationRep:
    -A friend of mine set off 'fireworks' (combustible things smuggled out of chemistry) in the changing rooms during PE
    -Another time, a girl fell THROUGH the ceiling in my boarding house in front of the head houseparent (she'd been in the ceiling idk why)
    -The entire head of house team of the same boarding house got caught smoking and drinking in-house
    -Another guy turned up to a school dance wasted after enthusiastic pre-drinks comprised primarily of vodka, and then proceeded to throw up in front of the deputy head. He didn't remember anything that happened
    -Vodka smuggled by some guy on his way back from Finland was given as a Secret Santa gift in year 11
    -So, so many people getting drunk in-house. Including one member of staff who was always hungover on Saturday morning duty

ReputationRep:
    our desks have a slot under the desk that you put your books in and i was in this classroom that i'd never been in before and i put my book in that slot and then at the end of the lesson i took my book out and a condom was stuck on it

ReputationRep:
    In year 9 history we had an old but incredibly friendly female teacher. We was doing about Russia, specifically Rasputin at the time. She started playing Rasputin by Bonnie M and my friend at the front of the class was jamming to it and she started to pretend to pull of her underwear in an old, silly strip tease. As we were year 9s, this was the funniest thing we'd ever seen and a student fainted because of laughing too hard.

Thank you Bonnie M, RIP Bobby Farrell October 19 1949-December 2010.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fox Corner)
    Oh my god... that's insane! How can a teacher get so far in their career and then do something like that?!

I swear so many of these stories are about supply teachers :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

BlinkyBill can tell us all about it I'm sure as she used to be a supply teacher...
    I did! Supply teaching is mental! Although it always surprises me when people who seem to have a fairly loose grasp on reality somehow still end up in charge of kids.

I remember I had a supply teacher when I was in year six, who threw a chair at a kid, then threw his desk through the wall (into the classroom next door). Awks.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlinkyBill)
    I did! Supply teaching is mental! Although it always surprises me when people who seem to have a fairly loose grasp on reality somehow still end up in charge of kids.

I remember I had a supply teacher when I was in year six, who threw a chair at a kid, then threw his desk through the wall (into the classroom next door). Awks.
    wow sounds interesting
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tennisgurler)
    our desks have a slot under the desk that you put your books in and i was in this classroom that i'd never been in before and i put my book in that slot and then at the end of the lesson i took my book out and a condom was stuck on it
    hahahaha! :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    This is when being a good person sometimes comes back to bite you in the backside. This was in year 13 (this year) so you'd expect 16-18 year olds to be capable of not doing this and it astounds me that this is a 100% true story.

I was in the bathroom at college in a stall and noticed that there were a few pieces of unused toilet paper on the floor under the dispenser. It's not unusal for a few pieces to fall out when you're taking some out but I always pick them up and throw them in the toilet if that happens to me for two reasons: I made the mess so I clean it up, and no one wants a sheet of toilet roll stuck to their foot as they leave the cubicle.

Anyway, I went to go and pick these pieces up and felt something underneath them. I thankfully didn't touch it but someone had conveniently placed these pieces of toilet paper down to cover up a GIGANTIC s**t on the floor! I was almost sick!!

How the hell does a college student take a dump (and I mean a HUGE dump!) and totally miss the bowl?!?!

ReputationRep:
    2 heads of the English department (both the strictest teachers btw) came into my class with 3D horse masks on and started to gallop round the room, acting like horses. One of them tried to 'eat' the teacher's pencils and my friend's pencil case, while the other started to sweep thing off the table with his 'head'/mask. They then galloped off without saying a word and the teacher in charged looked as confused as the rest of us.

ReputationRep:
    In sixth form, I was on my way to my psychology class. I thought the room was empty so I walked inside. Three boys in my class were butt naked. Two of them were trying to shove a ruler up the third boy's arse. There was this really super awkward moment when the four of us were just staring at each other in shock. One of them finally broke the silence by saying 'we're not gay.' I just fled the classroom, super embarrassed.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Bit of background- my old uni has a lot of ducks and there's a rumour that if you kill one, you are kicked out

Walked to my lecture and saw a walkway cordoned off with police tape... got closer and saw a chalk outline of a (fake large) duck, with red paint (or something) and fake feathers around it!

ReputationRep:
    we had a ground floor science room so the drop from the window to the ground was fairly low.
    teacher was out of the room getting something as during that time, a lad called dwayne got picked up by another of the students (dwayne was rather short for his age), taken to the window and dumped out of it and the window shut.
    the teacher then came back in so everyone looked towards the front and didnt mention the window thing.
    next thing, dwayne comes walking back in the door like nothing ever happened
    • TSR Support Team

I remember a lad in school during a thunderstorm he picked up a metal long pole holding a netball hoop in place and ran round the field with it

ReputationRep:
    In my high school there was a pair of toilets next to the hall where we had assemblies, did P.E. etc; one Friday someone left all the taps in the toilets running and stuffed the plug holes with paper towels. No one noticed, so over the weekend the toilets and the hall were totally flooded, and since the hall floor was made of wood it got really badly warped; so for about half a year we had to have all our assemblies outside in this massive tent while the floor got replaced :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ram20)
    In my high school there was a pair of toilets next to the hall where we had assemblies, did P.E. etc; one Friday someone left all the taps in the toilets running and stuffed the plug holes with paper towels. No one noticed, so over the weekend the toilets and the hall were totally flooded, and since the hall floor was made of wood it got really badly warped; so for about half a year we had to have all our assemblies outside in this massive tent while the floor got replaced :/
    jeeeez that's not even funny at that point :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ram20)
    Lol, what a mug. Thug life kid. All my school has is graffiti problems and breaking equipment.

ReputationRep:
    1) During a GCSE History exam, a rat entered the exam hall and everyone was screaming and standing on their desks.

2) This girl and her ex boyfriend had a lot of beef, once she and her friends squirted ketchup at him, then he peed in a bottle and threw it at her, then she apparently **** in a bottle or something and threw it at him (third one is a rumour). This all happened because she dumped him for his best friend. D.R.A.M.A

3) We had this terrifying head of six form, she was in the navy previously, and was also a nike foot model (what a resume). This usually quiet girl once was getting yelled at by the head, and the girl PUNCHED HER IN THE FACE and ran away. Funniest form of justice ever. I never saw either of them again after that.

ReputationRep:
    First week of year 7, two year 11 boys got in a fight and one, clearly the stronger of the two, picked up his friend and gently placed him upside-down in one of those tall green bins. There were just legs kicking about in the air and when he resurfaced he had a banana peel pasted to his uniform.

ReputationRep:
    1)History mocks, one person coughed and then a hall with around 100 students all began to cough

seeing the biggest log ive ever seen............................ ... in a urinal

ReputationRep:
    This one is long but so worth the read!

When I was in year 1 the downstairs toilets for reception-year 2 got blocked so we had to use the older kid's toilets. My friends and I had a ghost club where we followed pretend clues from ghost, and the bathrooms were where all these pretend ghosts lived.
    So one of my friends looks in the bin in the cubicle and starts screaming and grabs my hand and we run back downstairs and she starts telling everyone that there's a bloody thumb in the bathroom. Everyone starts crying and asking to call their parents and running around looking at all the older kids' thumbs to make sure they're there. It doesn't help that it was stormy and almost as dark as at night. The teacher wasn't allowed to tell us that the thumb was actually a certain feminine hygiene product so she was just trying to reason with us. By this point it spread to about 3 year groups with about 90 kids each. They had to cancel the last lesson and sit with us until our parents came to get us.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.