Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Strangest, funniest or outrageous things you have seen at school/uni [Golden thread] Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JustJusty)
    This one is long but so worth the read!

When I was in year 1 the downstairs toilets for reception-year 2 got blocked so we had to use the older kid's toilets. My friends and I had a ghost club where we followed pretend clues from ghost, and the bathrooms were where all these pretend ghosts lived.
    So one of my friends looks in the bin in the cubicle and starts screaming and grabs my hand and we run back downstairs and she starts telling everyone that there's a bloody thumb in the bathroom. Everyone starts crying and asking to call their parents and running around looking at all the older kids' thumbs to make sure they're there. It doesn't help that it was stormy and almost as dark as at night. The teacher wasn't allowed to tell us that the thumb was actually a certain feminine hygiene product so she was just trying to reason with us. By this point it spread to about 3 year groups with about 90 kids each. They had to cancel the last lesson and sit with us until our parents came to get us.
    Hahaha great story!

ReputationRep:
    In all honesty, I would say my story fits in both outrageous and funny. We were sat in our A level chemistry lesson around the middle of the year and Amazon has their Black Friday sale. My teacher has two cats and absolutely adores them, giving them everything they desire, most of which he believes they desire as they are cats so can't exactly tell him. When we came into the lesson, he had Amazon open on his laptop, which was being projected on the the interactive wipeboard for all to see. He sat there for several moments, either knowing we were there, but pretending now to notice so he could indulge in those sales for a few moments longer, or he was so engrossed in his own world, that we were able to walk past and sit down, completely unbeknownst to him. Suddenly, a smile took hold of his face, completely consuming him from ear to ear, he had seen an upcoming deal for cat toys. It was in that moment that I saw a change in him, from hope to pure determination that he would get this deal, despite that fact that we were in a lesson that he hadn't begun to teach, even though we were already 20 minutes in. The next 25 minutes passed quite quickly, with my teacher not taking a single moment to glance at anything beyond the edges of his computer screen, watching the clock go down and down for the cat toy to be available to buy. The second it was available, he had a sudden burst of energy, clicking like a mad man, perhaps 5 times a second. Then it happened, he had purchased the toy and it had only take most of the lesson to do so, pride consumed him for a minute or so, then he left his own world that he had been in for the majority of the lesson. Slowly the realisation that he had wasted out entire lesson on car toys dawned on him and he tried to force a compensatory smile, this smile gained in size when he then noticed that the wipeboard was on the entire time and that we had seen everything. Everyone burst out with laughter including our teacher, even if the laughter wasn't real for some people (the teacher).

ReputationRep:
    Probably one of the most outrageous things I saw was also probably one of the most stupid things I saw. It was the exam day for music tech A2 and we were all sat at our desks working until the others had to stop because their time was up (I had extra time). We had to do our test on the computer as it is a music tech exam and compose a piece of music. 10 minutes after the rest of my class left I hear my music tech teacher gasp in horror because one of the students had switched his computer off without saving anything meaning he had automatically gotten a U. How stupid can you be to not save!?!?

ReputationRep:
    Within highschool we had a place smokers loved to use and burn up weed. The place was behind a big bush so they use to stand behind it in the mud, smoking through their lesson time. Yet one day one person accidentally set the bush on fire and the school had to be evacuated.

ReputationRep:
    It started on day 1 when i saw a pencil on my seat. The next day there were two. Three on the day after. Like that it went on till on one day there were 42 pencils. Then it stopped. Possibly the perpetrator got bored with me being completely reaction-less.

ReputationRep:
    one boy hit another boy, causing him to fall backwards onto a desk, hitting his head. The boy had to be given CPR by the caretaker but apparently he could have died if it were not for the caretaker's quick thinking. Because of the severity of his injuries and the risk the school had to be put on lock down for about 2 hours- I spent those 2 hours with my class in the PE changing rooms. Everyone was so confused and there were suspicions that one of the older teachers had dies. The boy was fine in the end and now the caretaker has a local bus named after him. All's well that ends well

ReputationRep:
    Someone wrote a poem about drugs. The teacher walked out of the room crying.

Let's just say rumours about a previous drug addiction spread round the school faster than I spread my butter on my toast in the morning when I'm running late for school.

When I was about 10 a pupil would eat small stones at break time in school.

Around the same time a class made up an alternative Christmas carol (jingle bells) about their class teacher which wasn't very complimentary.

ReputationRep:
    The University of Birmingham has a clock tower named Old Joe - it's the largest freestanding clock tower in the world.
    Walked in one day and there was a car up there! God knows how, just the engineering students up to their usual shenanigans.

ReputationRep:
    A boy in our school became an internet sensation briefly because of his accent. On the last day of school, he rode in on a white horse. And we have it on video

https://youtu.be/ii4baw_Ju3g
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Went to an all boys 6th form (:sigh:) and a 'mixed' 6th form that was about 90% boys from the same secondary, and as an aside note, lived on one of the very few all boys uni accommodation in first year, despite applying for mixed...

Anyway, one day one of the few girls came in wearing see-through clothes. Luckily she was wearing underwear but that was very visible.

ReputationRep:
    I once saw a seagull walking around with a crisp packet on it's head, it had no idea what was going on! It was really funny because I hate seagulls and one had not long ago nicked my tuna wrap!! I also once saw one eat a round piece of cucumber whole!! Things you see at the University of Sussex!!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    During secondary school around year 9 for me, it was the last actually cold winter with snow. For some reason a load of guys were kicking a frozen dog **** around like it was a football (it had rolled up), the **** of my year (not the big bad bully or whatever just some moron who thought he was cool mugging everyone off) decided to kick it as hard as he could and it broke open and inside it was liquid and this stuff went all up his trousers and it was bloody hilarious.

At my university the acting school students end lectures earlier than any other subject but their exams (or whatever they do) are at the same time. So for one day they organised to do something odd each of them. Here's a list of what me and some of my friends saw at the time:

2 guys walking around pretending to be chimney sweepers
    3 guys wearing large jackets and baller hats (think that's what they're called) who every few seconds would slam their umbrellas on the floor
    A guy dressed up entirely in green and hid behind a traffic light with a bush around it... for several hours
    2 people wore giant plant pots with a fake flower in each over their heads

Other people saw other odd stuff but they didn't describe it, perfectly understandable when you got time to burn.

ReputationRep:
    At my school we had condoms hanging off walls, eggs thrown at teachers, one teachers laptop was thrown down a stairwell, bags of flour thrown all over cookery class, ceilings covered in squares of jelly and pritt sticks with their lids off, there was also a teacher called 'Ms Jackson' at the same time as the Outkast song so you can imagine how that went for years! Bins set on fire, exercise books thrown out of windows onto fields. General naughty school stuff. Most outrageous personally was when we were all sat on chairs in a circle and the teacher was so wound up by one pupil that he threw his chair across the room, narrowly missing the students!

ReputationRep:
    One of our physics teachers trying to do a demonstration somehow managed to blow up the pencil, the graphite in it flew out of either end of the pencil and set someone's bag on fire :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    My teacher and her son who both walk down the stairs one step at a time, It must take them at least 15 minutes to get from the top of the school to the bottom!

ReputationRep:
    High school - was in the library waiting for school to start, fire alarm goes off. As we're outside I hear that someone had set a firework off in the dining hall, luckily no one was injured! A week later someone else set off another firework in a corridor.

edit: Just thought of another one. In my A-level Biology class we were dissecting a heart, and one guy decided to throw up a piece up on to the roof without the teacher seeing - it actually stayed there. It was stuck there for a whole week and it fell down during a year 7 class onto some poor girl's desk. :zomg:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fox Corner)
    This is a golden thread. Join in with the discussion before 31 August 2017 to be in with the chance of winning a GoPro HERO5.

:lol:

Two girls in my year in year 11 had a playground fight and it was the most talked about fight of the year. They just threw loads of yogurt at each other, then got told off while they were covered head to toe in yogurt :rofl:

What's the strangest, funniest or most outrageous things you have seen at school or uni?

Also no story could possibly be as outrageous as this gif:

Other golden threads include:
    1. Dear teacher.......
    2. GCSE hurt or heal game
    3. If you were a sandwich or baked good...what would you be?
    4. Post a gif or meme about how you’re feeling in the run up to results day
    5. Strangest, funniest or most outrageous things you have seen at school or uni
    6. Ultimate piece of advice you'd give to someone starting their A-levels
    7. Guess your exam results
    8. What advice would you give your past self
    9. Starting uni - what are you most excited about?
    10. Choose a song to summarise your year 2016-2017

There was this girl who came up to me and said that she hates me. She didn't even know me.:confused:

ReputationRep:
    My mates yelling 'oh jeremy corbyn' infront of the whole class for music whilst I improvise on the piano

ReputationRep:
    Oh and someone sprayed board cleaner into someones mouth and he was washing out his mouth for ages after...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.