Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What advice would you give your past self [Golden thread] Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Skip the AS year and go straight to college

ReputationRep:
    Take up more opportunities to explore different things! Then maybe I wouldn't be so confused about where to go next...

ReputationRep:
    Start early for A levels

ReputationRep:
    Make sacrifices - FOMO is not that deep

ReputationRep:
    Make friends in Year 7 rather than wait for people to come to you. Otherwise, you will end up alone and friendless until the latter half of Year 10. However, this also kinda allowed you to pay attention in lessons though. And I saw a study suggesting revision doesn't help that much but paying attention the first time round does. So, do whatever I guess. Also, stop being a good child. Rebel. I watched a video by the School of Life and it is freaking me out. Then again, if you don't do these things you won't be me. I made friends. I'm beginning to change.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    That it's okay if you don't know what you want to do yet and it's okay, in fact great, to not follow the crowd! Life will fall together at some point, trust that!

ReputationRep:
    Just keep working hard and for god's sake look after yourself better. You're not going to do as badly as you think, you pessimist!

ReputationRep:
    Stop worrying and panicking about everything.

Get more hobbies..go out and enjoy. Be more confident.

ReputationRep:
    i'd visit myself right before my last school year started, and explain that i'm about to get a really bad maths teacher and my new chemistry teacher is going to be fired soon for not teaching us anything, so i need to really knuckle down and learn how to study those subjects independently.
    also, that the majority of my final biology exam is going to be about evolution. don't assume that i already know all about it. because i don't. just read the textbook.

ReputationRep:
    Any age - Nothing matters as much as you think it does. Get some perspective

ReputationRep:
    Don't work so hard in year 7-9, it doesn't really matter. Stuff gets harder!

ReputationRep:
    You could do anything you want with your life. You just have to be willing to work hard to get it. Freedom is priceless and that is what motivates me now to want to work harder and harder to live the life I want.

ReputationRep:
    Why did you slack off? Why didn't you work harder?

ReputationRep:
    Never be complacent no matter how well you are doing

ReputationRep:
    don't be too hard on yourself and try not to worry about the future but live in the present moment

ReputationRep:
    Don't burn yourself out. Don't study wayyy to early because you'll end up forgetting it anyway.

ReputationRep:
    stop staying in your comfort zone and to work hard from the start
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    If you want to do something, just do it.

Thinking about what you want to do will probably take longer than just doing it.

ReputationRep:
    just end urself becuz life's too hard and adulthood sucks

ReputationRep:
    Time. It has no limit, nor does the things you can do. I'm not saying it will be easy, trust me it won't, but the rewards are worth every second of it. Dont live in the past, once something is done it can't be undone, so don't worry yourself about something you can't change.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.