Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What advice would you give your past self [Golden thread] Watch

Announcements
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Age 5 and honestly it would just be a very long list of mistakes not to make.

Oh, and 'Leicester City to win premier league 2015/16' at the bottom will solve one or two of those mistakes.

ReputationRep:
    School self- be true to yourself and your own hobbies/interests and stop trying to fit in with the crowd

College self- focus more on your studies instead of going mcdonalds with your friend and don't bother with that gap year between year one and two of your A levels, all you achieved in this time was getting really good at mario kart.

Uni self- stop procrastinating, Youtube is NOT your friend, sort your accommodation out earlier so that you're not rushing around at the last minute.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lavender_rose)
    School self- be true to yourself and your own hobbies/interests and stop trying to fit in with the crowd

College self- focus more on your studies instead of going mcdonalds with your friend and don't bother with that gap year between year one and two of your A levels, all you achieved in this time was getting really good at mario kart.

Uni self- stop procrastinating, Youtube is NOT your friend, sort your accommodation out earlier so that you're not rushing around at the last minute.
    I didn't even know you could take a gap year between the two A Level years!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CatusStarbright)
    I didn't even know you could take a gap year between the two A Level years!
    Yes, although I would totally not recommend doing so! And because I went to a different college for the A2 I had to make sure they did they same exam boards so it restricted the amount of colleges I could got to. I did finish and get my A levels though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lavender_rose)
    Yes, although I would totally not recommend doing so! And because I went to a different college for the A2 I had to make sure they did they same exam boards so it restricted the amount of colleges I could got to. I did finish and get my A levels though
    Sounds arduous! Glad you managed to make it work though, even if you did spend too much time on Mario Kart!

ReputationRep:
    I would go back to when I was 17 and demand myself not to be friends with (I won't put her real name) that girl called Anus. I would also tell myself **** the world and STUDY because it's the most important thing. And also get a job fool.

ReputationRep:
    I would tell my age 18 self to not worry about making new friends at Univeristy

ReputationRep:
    I'd tell my 14 year old self that life gets easier and that being an adult is much, much better than being a teenager, no matter what anyone else has to say about it. That school is much less important than everyone claims. And 'None of it is your fault. Be kinder to yourself.'

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry so much! Just keep working towards your goal and you will get there!

ReputationRep:
    Advice for my past self:Make sure you put effort in as soon as you start school or start the school year, don't leave it till months before your exam! Also make sure to concentrate in lesson days and don't mess around, yes years 7-9 aren't the most important years but you learn a lot of valuable information in those years.

ReputationRep:
    Be yourself and be more confident
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Starting GCSE revision more than a week before the first exam might be a good idea!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CatusStarbright)
    Sounds arduous! Glad you managed to make it work though, even if you did spend too much time on Mario Kart!
    In the long run it did work out well as I was able to do better than I would have if I stayed at my previous college with my friends, but yes definitely too much time was spent with Mario and his friends.

ReputationRep:
    Get a job earlier lol

ReputationRep:
    12 year old me - chill the **** out and have fun!

ReputationRep:
    I would tell my 7 year old self - stop being an idiot, be honest with yourself, and be proud of who you are.

ReputationRep:
    She loves you. Despite everything she ****ing loves you and you know it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.