Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Starting uni - what are you most excited about? [Golden thread] Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Durhamgirl96)
    I did an Access course, but I had undiagnosed adult ADHD at the time and my work was late because I struggled. I did get a conditional offer from Newcastle but thought Northumbria was ultimately more realistic of a goal and turned down the offer.
    Yeah, I did something similar and stuck with my lower offer anyway in the end. Just some food for thought if you fancy shooting off an email.

Good luck with it all.

ReputationRep:
    Making things better currently being stalked by the psychos who wiggle through crowds with no talent. The sort of person who finance some a ski trip to take photos with the male skiers and snowboarders to make themselves look better and probably sleep with them over a game of scrabble. (You have seen chalet girl) truest unique case where they've done it with every sport show and event and I know they won't go away because i am 100% confident that They're stalking me just because I have a very'caring and trusting face' probs can't wait to start a course that I enjoy.

ReputationRep:
    societies!! trying new things!! having more independence r.e. having to be in class and organising work!

ReputationRep:
    tbh I wasn't that excited until recently when I started buying things for uni. Now, I can't wait to get away.

ReputationRep:
    I'm excited by the possibility of having some mildly challenging content now that I'm going into second year. Plus I think it will be great going back to my tower (I'm a ringer) to show them everything I have learnt since I've been gone.

ReputationRep:
    Living on my own.

ReputationRep:
    Being able to have some semblance of a fresh start in a new place. And being allowed to live by myself.

ReputationRep:
    I just want to learn. This summer has been a bore.

ReputationRep:
    Quite excited to build new friendships as well as learning a new subject area. I want to be challenged and I think that will be definitely the case with my course and the sports I want to start.

ReputationRep:
    generally living in student halls and all aspects of that

ReputationRep:
    Being away from home. Living with my best friend. Exploring the uni and the city. Going out and having stuff to do. Meeting new friends. Potentially meeting someone to date.

I really just cannot wait for a new start.

ReputationRep:
    To be able to make a lot more friends who actually like my subject
    And also to explore the subject I love in more detail

ReputationRep:
    Basically , moving to a new place and meeting new people.
    I can also say that the fact of living without my parents and having to do everything myself is a new experience which I am kind of excited about but also horrified =)).
    I am very excited about what I will be studying as well and I don't know ... maybe the feeling of being a student .
    But , ...
    Most Excited : Meeting new people, moving to a new place , being a student
    • Welcome Squad

having a mattress :fluffy:

ReputationRep:
    This may sound strange but I'm actually excited for the content. This is content that I have a genuine interest in, thus want to read and will (fingers crossed) enjoy.

ReputationRep:
    Getting away from home tbh

ReputationRep:
    Exploring a new place! I've lived in the same town my whole life so it will be nice to learn about a new place - especially as I am moving to the literal opposite side of the country (a 9 hour drive 😮)

ReputationRep:
    Learning a new course and learning how to be independent will be challenging but exciting
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Nothing to be honest

Apart from a chance to determine my overall grade, as my final year is worth a hefty 68%

ReputationRep:
    I'm excited about doing a degree that I Iove, meeting new people and feeling like I can rub it in certain people's faces that I'm at uni despite them thinking I wouldn't be able to.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.