Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Trump announces transgender people cannot serve in US military Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reality Check)
    Or the whistle isn't very subtle...
    Well you hear something, but I have no idea what on earth you are even talking about.

He has effectively banned transgender people from the military of which he is Commander in Chief.

Now you may agree with this policy or disagree. But what on earth has it got to do with the fact that dogs have a wider hearing range than mankind, and can hear things we can't?

What exactly are you hearing that I am not?
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    He's secretly jealous of them, mark my words

Spoiler:
    Show

Name:  IMG_0733.JPG
Views: 30
Size:  14.1 KB

ReputationRep:
    Dont liberals say those with a mental disorder should not be in possesion of firearms?
    • Very Important Poster

Loved the response by the British Military.

In response, Rear Admiral Burton of the Royal Navy tweeted: "As a Royal Navy LGBT champion and senior warfighter I am so glad we are not going this way." And Second Sea Lord Vice Admiral Jonathan Woodcock tweeted: "So proud of our transgender personnel. They bring diversity to our Royal Navy and I will always support their desire to serve their country.

"I suspect many who doubt the abilities of our diverse service personnel might be more reluctant to serve than they are to comment."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40733701

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by astutehirstute)
    Well you hear something, but I have no idea what on earth you are even talking about.

He has effectively banned transgender people from the military of which he is Commander in Chief.

Now you may agree with this policy or disagree. But what on earth has it got to do with the fact that dogs have a wider hearing range than mankind, and can hear things we can't?

What exactly are you hearing that I am not?
    I have no idea what you're talking about either :rofl:

Nether of us have a clue what each other is talking about!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kane10101)
    Dont liberals say those with a mental disorder should not be in possesion of firearms?
    Shh, you can't imply transgender individuals have a mental disorder. Any medical professional that suggests this will have their licenses to practice taken away.

ReputationRep:
    The state visit to the UK is going to proceed anyway, right?

ReputationRep:
    Why do liberals from England all of a sudden know more than experienced US generals who recommended this to Trump? All of the people I know who currently serve in the U.K. military are happy with this ban

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Loved the response by the British Military.

In response, Rear Admiral Burton of the Royal Navy tweeted: "As a Royal Navy LGBT champion and senior warfighter I am so glad we are not going this way." And Second Sea Lord Vice Admiral Jonathan Woodcock tweeted: "So proud of our transgender personnel. They bring diversity to our Royal Navy and I will always support their desire to serve their country.

"I suspect many who doubt the abilities of our diverse service personnel might be more reluctant to serve than they are to comment."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40733701
    What a load of boll ocks, God help us if we are ever attacked, by a resolute enemy,with morons like him in charge of our naval defences.

Admirals are supposed to be dedicated to managing our fleets to protect us from those seeking to destroy us, not worrying about transgender bathrooms on warships. Their profession is killing, not the celebration of "diversity."

We wouldn't win the Falklands War nowadays. If some modern day Galtieri invaded British soil, this effete Admiral would have to admit that our only aircraft carrier had loads of transgender bathrooms, but no aircraft.

Not that there would be the political will to defend our kith and kin now even if we still had the military means. The regressive left would argue that the Islands were the consequence of wicked Imperialism so not British soil at all. Or that there shouldn't be borders at all, we are all one planet. Or that the Falkland Islanders were actually not really people we should try and defend from the choice of leaving their home of umpteen generations or live under fascism, because they are social constructs.
    • Very Important Poster

What a load of boll ocks, God help us if we are ever attacked, by a resolute enemy,with morons like him in charge of our naval defences.

Admirals are supposed to be dedicated to managing our fleets to protect us from those seeking to destroy us, not worrying about transgender bathrooms on warships. Their profession is killing, not the celebration of "diversity."

We wouldn't win the Falklands War nowadays. If some modern day Galtieri invaded British soil, this effete Admiral would have to admit that our only aircraft carrier had loads of transgender bathrooms, but no aircraft.

Not that there would be the political will to defend our kith and kin now even if we still had the military means. The regressive left would argue that the Islands were the consequence of wicked Imperialism so not British soil at all. Or that there shouldn't be borders at all, we are all one planet. Or that the Falkland Islanders were actually not really people we should try and defend from the choice of leaving their home of umpteen generations or live under fascism, because they are social constructs.
    So what military expertise do you have?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paracosm)
    What utter nonsense. Someone's gender identity does not come with the baggage of a political leaning. Don't be ridiculous.
    Caitlyn Jenner is a Republican,so I agree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JMR2017)
    I don't see how being transgender makes one less capable to serve in the military. I don't really understand this 'cost' argument, it doesn't really add up.
    When has anything Trump ever said add up ?

ReputationRep:
    If they need to ban transgenders then Muslims should be the next to go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    So what military expertise do you have?
    You don't need to be a carpenter to know that a table with one leg won't stand up.

And you don't need to be an Admiral to know that to serve any effective military purpose, an aircraft carrier must carry aircraft.

The clue is in the name.

Transgender bathrooms though? I bet the Royal Navy has oodles of them on every ship in the fleet, whether or not there are any transgender sailors serving on them.

Important to get our military priorities right. Really important to celebrate " diversity." What a load of old tosh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cubone-r)
    Shh, you can't imply transgender individuals have a mental disorder. Any medical professional that suggests this will have their licenses to practice taken away.
    Is this true? I've never heard of that.
    • Very Important Poster

You don't need to be a carpenter to know that a table with one leg won't stand up.

And you don't need to be an Admiral to know that to serve any effective military purpose, an aircraft carrier must carry aircraft.

The clue is in the name.

Transgender bathrooms though? I bet the Royal Navy has oodles of them on every ship in the fleet, whether or not there are any transgender sailors serving on them.

Important to get our military priorities right. Really important to celebrate " diversity." What a load of old tosh.
    So that would be none then.
    You dont respect or believe in the principle of diversity. Are you also against equality for women and L/G/B in the military as well?

Do you know how many transgender people there are in the forces?

How many transgender bathrooms do they have? None. You are ignorant.

ReputationRep:
    Let's go the whole hog. Let's really celebrate "diversity". There isn't a large enough percentage of pacifists in the armed forces!

There needs to positive discrimination in their favour. Quotas for practising Quakers and Buddhists!

And special bathrooms for them too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Golden State)
    Is this true? I've never heard of that.
    http://nymag.com/scienceofus/2016/02...her-fired.html

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for sharing the link!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Golden State)
    Thanks for sharing the link!
    No problem! It's quite a startling read. Someone who has dedicated their whole life to the study of gender dyshoria gets treated so badly just because the research suggests a certain result. Science should never be politicised.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 3, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.