Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello.
    I know that I can receive Maintenance loan as an EU student If I am working on September 1st. But can I apply for it latter? For example, start working on November and then apply?
    Thankyou.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi gabjaUni

Just to confirm are you looking to apply for undergraduate funding or postgraduate funding?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miriam SFE)
    Hi gabjaUni

Just to confirm are you looking to apply for undergraduate funding or postgraduate funding?

Thanks
    Undergraduate
    Many thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi gabjaUni

Are you going to apply through migrant worker status or as EU student?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi gabjaUni

Are you going to apply through migrant worker status or as EU student?

Thanks
    I assume that as an EU student.
    Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    Hi gabjauni

If your looking to apply as a EU student the funding that is available is just a tuition fee loan only,and if apply as a migrant worker
    that's when we would request evidence of your employment you can apply for the maintenance loan and fees.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Hi gabjauni

If your looking to apply as a EU student the funding that is available is just a tuition fee loan only,and if apply as a migrant worker
    that's when we would request evidence of your employment you can apply for the maintenance loan and fees.

Thanks.
    What are the conditions to apply as a migrant worker? Can I apply later than September? (As soon as I am employed? )
    Anything else I need to know to apply as a migrant worker?
    Many thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Hi gabijaUni

What you will need to do is apply as a EU student to get the tuition fee loan, once you start you employment you will need to
    reapply through migrant worker status.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi gabijaUni

What you will need to do is apply as a EU student to get the tuition fee loan, once you start you employment you will need to
    reapply through migrant worker status.

Thanks
    Will my tuituon fee loan be considered again?
    Is there any chance I could lose it?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi gabijaUni

You would not lose your tuition fee loan it would be a reassessment on your application as you would be changing
    from a EU student to a Home Student.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Hi gabijaUni

You would not lose your tuition fee loan it would be a reassessment on your application as you would be changing
    from a EU student to a Home Student.

Thanks.
    Will the tuition fee loan be continued to pay while reassessment to home student?
    What evidence willI be required to give as migrant worker?
    Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    Hi gabijaUni

Your tuition fee will just continue as normal.

In regards to the evidence you would send as migrant worker status is as follows-

• Original Passport or National Identity Card
    • Original Biometric Residence Permit Card
    • Details of Residency (where applicable)
    • Copy of Employment Contract
    • Most recent P60 and last 3 months payslips or most recent Self Assessed Tax return (self employed)
    • Work permits (if required)

Once we do receive your evidence we will be able to get that assessed for you the processing times 15 working days

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi gabijaUni

Your tuition fee will just continue as normal.

In regards to the evidence you would send as migrant worker status is as follows-

• Original Passport or National Identity Card
    • Original Biometric Residence Permit Card
    • Details of Residency (where applicable)
    • Copy of Employment Contract
    • Most recent P60 and last 3 months payslips or most recent Self Assessed Tax return (self employed)
    • Work permits (if required)

Once we do receive your evidence we will be able to get that assessed for you the processing times 15 working days

Thanks
    Thank you that is very helpful.
    What form will I have to complete to have my status changed from EU student to migrant worker?
    Is there a deadline?
    Many thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Hi gabijaUni

I have attached the links where you would be able to find the forms to apply as a EU and Migrant Worker needs to done by paper application

EU Full Time Application-http://bit.ly/2m7noPk

Student Finance England Application-http://bit.ly/2mrTfas

In regards to deadlines every student is given nine months that even after course starts to make an application.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Thank you,
    I will arrive into the UK in the middle of september.
    Will I be eligible to apply as a migrant worker?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gabijaUni)
    Thank you,
    I will arrive into the UK in the middle of september.
    Will I be eligible to apply as a migrant worker?
    Hi again gabijaUni,

In order to be eligible for the MW funding you would need to be in the UK on or before the 01/09/17. If you arrive prior to the start of the course only then you would apply as an EU applicant.

Warm regards.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you.
    I have read that if you arrive after September 1st It is possible to apply for maintenance loan as a migrant worker on December then the loan would be given in January. Is that true?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gabijaUni)
    Thank you.
    I have read that if you arrive after September 1st It is possible to apply for maintenance loan as a migrant worker on December then the loan would be given in January. Is that true?
    If your course is a September starting course then no, you would not be eligible. You have to be resident in England/Wales on the first day of the first academic year to be eligible for MW.

Warm regards.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shaun D SFE)
    If your course is a September starting course then no, you would not be eligible. You have to be resident in England/Wales on the first day of the first academic year to be eligible for MW.

Warm regards.
    Understood, thank you, that means I will be arriving in the UK soon, before September 1
    Just to be sure, what evidence I will have to provide to prove that I am resident in England on the first day of the first academic year ?

ReputationRep:
    Hello, what is a Biometric Residence Permit Card? Thank you.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.